• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 42 - India v West Indies

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bun

Banned
You don't want to look like an arse on review (see Ponting yesterday). Sachin usually doesn't walk.
There was no chance in hell the third umpire would've overturned the on field umpire's call after the available evidence.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have seen him stand his ground before after feathering down the legside (IPL final last year comes to mind). After UDRS has been brought in, it's best to walk in such situations if you think the fielding side is confident enough to review, and you've clearly nicked it.

pup11

International Coach
The edge there was a very faint one and even had they reviewed it I doubt whether it would showed anything.

I don't think one should walk unless given out by an umpire especially with the UDRS making life even more difficult batsmen.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Oh boy, why is Gambhir flirting with those steep bouncers. Just duck or sway!

EDIT: Think he is doing a Ganguly against the pacers too, not just against Benn as I had thought :laugh:

vcs

That was a blatant edge though. I very much doubt if this decision would have been overturned. The replays were hardly conclusive.
There was no chance in hell the third umpire would've overturned the on field umpire's call after the available evidence.
Didn't even wait to watch the replays, switched off the TV as soon as he walked. :laugh: Will switch it back on tentatively if these two can stitch a partnership together. :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Did Shastri just say Rampaul was medium pace? Last three deliveries 85, 89, 86 mph.

Some medium pace.

Ah, edged through the slips.

pup11

International Coach
Speedometer is broken or something, becuase I didn't knew Rampaul could bowl at such speeds.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Didn't even wait to watch the replays, switched off the TV as soon as he walked. :laugh: Will switch it back on tentatively if these two can stitch a partnership together. :ph34r:
Wtf?

You are worse than Teja.

vcs

Did Shastri just say Rampaul was medium pace? Last three deliveries 85, 89, 86 mph.

Some medium pace.

Ah, edged through the slips.
Speedometer is broken or something, becuase I didn't knew Rampaul could bowl at such speeds.
I always thought he was a bit of a trundler as well. :unsure: Seemed to be getting good pace and bounce in the first over.

Bun

Banned
Rampaul is kicking up some bounce. So nice to see the Chepauk renovated from the concrete jungle it's been.

vcs

Alright, time to go back and watch.

Don't blame me if a wicket falls, ****s. :ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
There was a clear sound. Reckon it may have been overturned.
There is no hot spot or snicko and it would be absolute stupidity if we start giving people out on the basis of 'sound'. I mean sound could be made by a creaky bat handle or the bat brushing the pad or something like that.