Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Quarters/Semis/Final General Discussion

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Hmm... a possible India vs Australia for the quarters. Itstl

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    It will be either Australia or SL, so interesting either way.

BTW is there a schedule of which lists the date and venue of the quarter-final lineups. So for example where does the A1 versus B4 game take place? I can't seem to find this anywhere.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    So, I was thinking, if this tournament has Super 8s, how would they look? Working on the basis that points carry over and you only play the teams not in your group.

England - 5 pts
    South Africa - 4 pts
    Pakistan - 4 pts
    Sri Lanka - 3 pts
    Australia - 3 pts
    New Zealand - 2 pts
    India - 1 pt (1 to play)
    West Indies - 0 pts (1 to play)

#JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Manged to find it and it's not good news for India.

If we win tomorrow we will have to play Australia in Dhaka. If we win that one we have to play the semi in Colombo.

If we lose we will play our quarters against SL in Ahmedabad and the semis in Mohali.

Frankly we might be better off losing tomorrow but that means we won't have a single win against a non-minnow going into the quarters.

Don't think that's right mate, India play their Quarter in India, the venues will be changed to make that happen

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    It will be either Australia or SL, so interesting either way.

BTW is there a schedule of which lists the date and venue of the quarter-final lineups. So for example where does the A1 versus B4 game take place? I can't seem to find this anywhere.
    India is surely screwed. Both are tough teams to beat. Sri Lanka has amazing bowlers. Australian bowling is much better than India.

We really stand no chance against Australia. We have won matches against Sri Lanka in WC before so best thing is to lose against WI and try to get a win against Sri Lanka.

This is all Dhoni and team's fault. ****ty bowling, fielding, batting and captaincy has put us in such an uncomfortable position.

We should have won the match against England and the way things were going against SA while batting that should have been a victory too. But no they ****ed up twice.

I am not going to watch India quarter final match because I know I will suffer a heart attack if they lose. Please India if you have any dignity left, you better win QF. These bull**** IPL matches and test matches mean nothing if you can't perform well in world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post

India win

Pakistan vs West Indies
    Sri Lanka vs England
    Australia vs India
    New Zealand vs South Africa

West Indies win
    Pakistan vs England
    Sri Lanka vs India
    Australia vs West Indies
    Also, in the event of a tie or washout:

Pakistan vs England
    Sri Lanka vs West Indies
    Australia vs India

So NZ-SA is the first confirmed quarter final. The winner of the India-West Indies match gets to play the Aussies.

Pakistan-India is also still possible if the West Indies hammer India enough to send them down below England on NRR (I haven't worked it out exactly but it would take a victory of about 210 runs). This would also have England play Sri Lanka.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 19-03-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Don't think that's right mate, India play their Quarter in India, the venues will be changed to make that happen
    I didn't know that. That's why most of the schedules don't give the QF matchups, I suppose. So does anyone know the date and venue of India's qf given the two outcomes tomorrow?

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    I didn't know that. That's why most of the schedules don't give the QF matchups, I suppose. So does anyone know the date and venue of India's qf given the two outcomes tomorrow?
    March 25 in Ahmedabad, I believe.

The only QF scheduled in India is the one on 24th March at Ahmedabad. Regardless of who they're playing, India will play it there.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaLose View Post
    These bull**** IPL matches and test matches mean nothing if you can't perform well in world cup.
    Tbh, being test no.1 means more to me than the world cup. I would trade one big test series for the world cup but not the no.1 ranking.

U19 12th Man
    Tbh, being test no.1 means more to me than the world cup. I would trade one big test series for the world cup but not the no.1 ranking.
    Typical Indian mentality. If you can't do well in big things in life then settle for something smaller.

Nah. To me WORLD CUP matters the most. Test series and other stuff are second rate.

Dhoni has that mentality too.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Been thinking of who I would rather New Zealand play, South Africa or India?

Of course, I would like us to play the Windies, but that is not likely to happen now.

I think we are a better shot against South Africa in the subcontinent. The Indians will score 400 and their spinners will tie us down, if not necessarily run through us like the Sri Lankans do.

Many of the New Zealand batsmen have never faced Steyn or Morkel before but I am more confident our bowlers can hold their own then against the Indians in home conditions.

What do the other NZer posters think?
    South Africa. Which is who we will be playing in the QF.
    Not very confident, tbh. We either need all our players to play out of their skins or for SA to choke when they look like they're cruising to victory.

What day will the NZ v SA QF be?

Typical Indian mentality. If you can't do well in big things in life then settle for something smaller.

Nah. To me WORLD CUP matters the most. Test series and other stuff are second rate.

Dhoni has that mentality too.
    Look, I've never been to India so I could be wrong, but I've always been under the impression that 'Typical Indian mentality was pro-ODIs.

You're entitled to your own opinion but the bulk of international cricketers probably care more about Tests.

lolwut?

The opinion of what format people consider most important differs from person to person.

Personally, I'd have traded in this WC and the 1983 one if that means we auto-win in England and Oz this year.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information