• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarters/Semis/Final General Discussion

Howe_zat

Audio File
Swann bowling to our (SL) middle order at the Premadasa really scares me.
Fear of an English spinner FFS, what has the world come to.
To be fair, Swanny did really well on his last trip to Sri Lanka, it's what got him into the Test side. And other than Matthews for Jayasuria, the Lankan batting has hardly changed.

Lostman

State Captain
NZ vs SA is set, only venue is yet to be decided.
Either in Colombo or Mirpur.

I guess that NZ would prefer Colombo and SA would prefer Mirpur?

Shri

Mr. Glass
India should probably play Zaheer as the sole fast bowler from now on with 40 overs of spin bowling. Disgusted with the rest of the ****s.

Blaze 18

Banned
From cricinfo

Scenario 1: If India beat West Indies

India will take second place, behind South Africa, on nine points, while England will be third and West Indies fourth. West Indies will finish with the same points as Bangladesh, but they are so far ahead on net run-rate that Bangladesh cannot catch up even if West Indies lose by a huge margin. The quarter-finals:

Pakistan v West Indies - Mirpur
Australia v India - Ahmedabad (March 24)
New Zealand v South Africa - Mirpur
Sri Lanka v England - Colombo (March 26)

I think the winner of the first quarter-final plays the winner of the third one.The winner of the second quarter-final plays the winner of the fourth one.

centurymaker

International Captain
From cricinfo

Scenario 1: If India beat West Indies

India will take second place, behind South Africa, on nine points, while England will be third and West Indies fourth. West Indies will finish with the same points as Bangladesh, but they are so far ahead on net run-rate that Bangladesh cannot catch up even if West Indies lose by a huge margin. The quarter-finals:

Pakistan v West Indies - Mirpur
Australia v India - Ahmedabad (March 24)
New Zealand v South Africa - Mirpur
Sri Lanka v England - Colombo (March 26)

I think the winner of the first quarter-final plays the winner of the third one.The winner of the second quarter-final plays the winner of the fourth one.
No

winner of match 1 v winner of match 2
winner of match 3 v winner of match 4