• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Considering the pitch and West Indies' batting, I reckon England have already got a par score. If they can somehow muster another twenty-thirty, it's their game to lose.
Don't think the pitch is that bad at all tbh. Turn is hardly outrageous and it's not like there's uneven bounce to any real extent. Still, we shall see I suppose.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I suupose i'm just hoping that lessons have been learnt and poor stats and slagging off off from Botham and other pundits are taken on baord but obviously not. Perhaps they like getting slagged off by people that know how the game SHOULD be played.
Getting a little monotonous with this whole boundary argument. People on here appreciate the game enough to realise a ball that goes along the floor to the boundary is worth four, and one that clears it is worth six. Your point has been made.
Alright guys, let's move on. :)

vcs

England's problem is that Swann and Bresnan are the only bowlers with match practise in these conditions under their belt, and they're going to have to shoulder a big share of the responsibility here.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
250 still on considering how Bresnan and Swann can bat. But i am pretty sure they would screw up before that.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
England's problem is that Swann and Bresnan are the only bowlers with match practise in these conditions under their belt, and they're going to have to shoulder a big share of the responsibility here.
donno about bresnan but swann really needs to turn things on here if poms would want to get anything out of this match in the 2nd innings

Blaze 18

Banned
Don't think the pitch is that bad at all tbh. Turn is hardly outrageous and it's not like there's uneven bounce to any real extent. Still, we shall see I suppose.
Yeah, it isn't quite as bad as the one in the South Africa-England match, but it should slow down as the game progresses. Expect Swann will grab a handful.

vcs

Bresnan is gun, he has really impressed me in this competition. This wicket should reward his style of bowling full and straight, if there's a bit of variable bounce.

Keeno

Cricket Spectator
Please stop replying to Keeno...

Why... is speaking the truth not allowed??? OK i'm with you,,, you score more from a single than you do from a boundary... well done England you have your tactics spot on... no wonder we are cruising our group and no wonder we will win it... There is that better.