• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

angad

U19 12th Man
PCB took very bold decision and dropped Fawad Alam from WC 30 probabbles. He scored 3-4 50s against SA/ENG/NZ, but was mismatch in Pakistan squad, they already have Anchors in Misbah and Younus. India should do same with Gambhir, Why u need G when Sachin and Kohli can steady innings at top.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PCB took very bold decision and dropped Fawad Alam from WC 30 probabbles. He scored 3-4 50s against SA/ENG, but was mismatch in Pakistan squad, they already have Anchors in Misbah and Younus. India should do same with Gambhir, Why u need G when Sachin and Kohli can steady innings at top.
:laugh:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disgraceful. India have a long and illustrious history of letting Tendulkar down when he's played a blinder and this one will soon join the list. Should be a doddle for SA. Atleast 50 runs short here.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India still favs on Bet365:

India 8/13 (1.61)
SA 13/10 (2.30)

Not sure I agree, tbh. Can only assume they're factoring in the yarp choke tendancy.
Seriously, those odds make no sense to me. They say you shouldn't bet for/against a team you support because emotion comes into play rather than reason, but I can't for the life of me see how you could possibly pay out that much for an SA win.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
I think we need to have a look at when we take the batting power play this is the 2nd time we have fallen away after an amazing start having done so against England.

The momentum is certainly with South Africa, but this wicket seems to have a bit in it for the slow bowlers and spinners, so Yuvis bowling will be crucial for us.

I still think that we can win this game but its going to require us to put in a huge effort, really wish Ashwin was playing!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wish this game was in 3 weeks time :(
I realise these teams could be playing again in 3 weeks time but I mean this match specifically.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
India still favs on Bet365:

India 8/13 (1.61)
SA 13/10 (2.30)

Not sure I agree, tbh. Can only assume they're factoring in the yarp choke tendancy.
Would have them the other way around numbers-wise. 60/40 SA for me, whilst those odds say 60/40 India.

Time to watch Birmingham-Bolton for a bit - and Elmander gives Bolton the lead as I channel-hop. I fear that may be the only goal of the game.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Disgraceful. India have a long and illustrious history of letting Tendulkar down when he's played a blinder and this one will soon join the list. Should be a doddle for SA. Atleast 50 runs short here.
Yes, I have noticed that too. Whenever Sachin plays an amazing innings, the team disappoints.

Won't be surprised if this happens in QF.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Seriously, those odds make no sense to me. They say you shouldn't bet for/against a team you support because emotion comes into play rather than reason, but I can't for the life of me see how you could possibly pay out that much for an SA win.
Yeah, agreed. If my account had more than £0.47 in I'd have a cheeky punt myself.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would have them the other way around numbers-wise. 60/40 SA for me, whilst those odds say 60/40 India.

Time to watch Birmingham-Bolton for a bit - and Elmander gives Bolton the lead as I channel-hop. I fear that may be the only goal of the game.
You know it's a poo game when Notlob are the good guys.

(Not bitter)