Aus-Zim
    Zim-Can
    Pak-Ken
    Sl-Can
    Wi-Ned
    Sa-Ned
    NZ-Zim
    Sl-Ken

To many meh's for my liking but still a decent number of good games Wi-Ban gets in the good range because the result though not a shock but still the total ownage was a surprise
    Last edited by Xuhaib; 05-03-2011 at 12:14 AM.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    The WC has been farily good so far IMO.Far,FAR better than the last one.It can be argued that i'm enjoying it more since Pakistan is doing so well,but the other games have been relativley entertaining too.

The WestIndies-Bangaldesh game doesn't belong in the good game category IMO,since it was completley one sided,but we're only 2 weeks into the tournament and there have already been some pretty good games.Plus Group B is looking mouthwatering,so i'd say the quality till now has been very good.And it will only get better once we look forward to some potentially explosive knockout matchups.

Think the India-Eng game is better than merely good. One for the ages for mine.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

A lot of the mismatches were scheduled early on in the tournament so the standard of the group matches should be more competitive from here on.

Aus-Canada and Aus-Kenya? Minnows' minnow bats against three 150kmh bowlers. Yeah I see that ending well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Think the India-Eng game is better than merely good. One for the ages for mine.
    It was on the higher end of good I reckon too much bat dominating the ball and it did not seem like its going to be a close game till the 43rd over just fall short off the ATG category offcourse all this is subjective ranking.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Aus-Canada and Aus-Kenya? Minnows' minnow bats against three 150kmh bowlers. Yeah I see that ending well.
    Think what he means is Australia vs Pakistan, Sri Lanka and NZ vs Pakistan, Sri Lanka. Those will be pretty interesting to be honest.

Ind vs. Eng's see-saw finish puts it into ATG for mine. Yes sure it was bat dominating ball, but so many matches have that.

The drama was excellent.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Ind vs Eng ignited the tournament
    Love You India

vcs
    Been OK so far, need to see more. Would prefer not to see complete roads like Bangalore TBH. Yet the two games in Bangalore have been top-notch.

on popular demand Eng-Ind gets in to ATG.

Banned
    West Indies-Bangladesh was arguably the worst game of the entire tournament. I don't think it should be there in the "good" category.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    West Indies-Bangladesh was arguably the worst game of the entire tournament. I don't think it should be there in the "good" category.
    Roach

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    ATG
    Eng-Ire
    Eng-Ind

Good
    Pak-Sri
    Ned-Eng
    Pak-Can
    Ire-Ban
    Wi-Ban

Average
    Ind-Ban
    Wi-Sa
    Aus-Nz

Meh
    Ken-NZ
    Aus-Zim
    Zim-Can
    Pak-Ken
    Sl-Can
    Wi-Ned
    Sa-Ned
    NZ-Zim
    Sl-Ken

To many meh's for my liking but still a decent number of good games Wi-Ban gets in the good range because the result though not a shock but still the total ownage was a surprise
    I think you're being a little generous there; India/Bang was very meh for me, there was never any semblance of a contest & Windies/Bang was quite average too for pretty much the same reasons. Impressive batting from India and bowling from the Windies, but the games themselves weren't up to much.

Unless England are playing the contests have been sadly lacking on the whole.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I think you're being a little generous there; India/Bang was very meh for me, there was never any semblance of a contest & Windies/Bang was quite average too for pretty much the same reasons. Impressive batting from India and bowling from the Windies, but the games themselves weren't up to much.

Unless England are playing the contests have been sadly lacking on the whole.
    for some reason I am a sucker for games where one team gets completley Ko'ed by an evenly matched opposition unless ofcourse Pakistan is getting the ass kicking thats why I enjoyed the windies-bangla game.

India-Bangla was nothing special but alteast Bangla did try to stay in the contest till the 40 over though realistically they were never in it and needed a KOB style speccial to make a game off it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information