• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does the World Cup go on for too long

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's hard to please everyone with the scheduling. I really enjoyed having the 2 games on yesterday and feel as though they could do it a little more often, but the hosts should always play as the only game on that day. I can't believe on Feb 6 for instance, England vs South Africa is a huge match, but then India vs Ireland is on the same day as the day-night match. That's bogus scheduling as far as I'm concerned.

Doing the predictions league and CW fantasy comp (I'm back into the top 10 woot) has helped make the Cup enjoyable so overall I don't think it's too long, just the format isn't exactly my personal preference. For the record though, I'm very happy with the number of teams in the comp. Ireland and Netherlands have shown that they belong so far.

Bun

Banned
I think the major issue people have with the World Cup is its duration, not the number of associates. If the World Cup lasted only a month or so, I don't think anyone would have a problem.

Whether or not the associates should be part of the World Cup is a different debate. Personally I don't think two hundred run thrashings help teams develop, but I also see merit in the 'World Cup should have all teams playing' argument.

Meh - just play more matches per day. Problem solved.
This.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
Apart from the matches involving Kenya and Canada all the other matches seemed pretty good. Ireland, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe have been pretty competent and even Netherlands looked pretty good in their match against England where Ryan played quite well. Probably the same format of two groups must be carried to the next edition with six teams in each group.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I love the world cup.

Not only does it fill the gap between the aus cricket season and the NRL season but I always love when the teams all come together for the one tournament.

And I really like having the minnows in.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Although I don't think 1 match a day is right, from a personal point of view with updating Fantasy Cricket and the Predictions League it's good.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I recall that game. Australia did everything within their right. I did not understand why there was a hue and cry about it. There was nothing wrong they were doing, All they were doing was to make sure that they carried WI along with them so that they get the points.

It was just a reverse of what a team would do if it requires that they score the runs in 40 overs to reach the next stage or something like that. Australia were playing as if they would benefit if they reached the target in 47 instead of 40. Nothing absolutely wrong.
..... in your opinion. Which you're entitled to. But others may hold a different view. Anyway, it's old news now.