4 40.00%
  • Less Chance

4 40.00%
  • No Chance

1 10.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sri Lankan Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kensashi View Post
    This squad is gonna struggle to make the semi's IMO.. Pathetic! Chandimal should be an automatic pick, far ahead of Chamara Silva who is just deadweight!
    Would've had Chandimal in for Krapugedera personally. Randiv in for Herath. Vaas in for someone - either Fernando or Silva.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Missing Chandimal is such a dire dire dire call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Vaas 8-1-13-4 in latest provincial tournament and according to reports just looked deadly and looked as a man possessed. Some sharp, incisive short stuff also bowled by him on the placid dead SSC track. He's definietly sending selectors a message, more or less showing the middle finger.

Chandimal has been the top scorer of Provincial OD tournement up to now. Randiv looks like lost his heart. But Senanayake is going exceedingly well taking out the top performers of the opposition.

We are going to get ass raped on Indian tracks. Mathews' fitness problems is a major worry too. Kulasekara, Vaas, Malinga, Perera and Murali should have been SL's bowling core with Dilshan and Mathews to supoort.
    Supporting players: Dinesh Chandimal, Roshen Silva, Kusal Janith, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Akila Dhananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva

I would rate this team to win against anyone at home/Bangladesh. But in India it might be a different story. Things even out if SL are playing in India. Otherwise they look deadly specially in the bowling line-up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Vaas 8-1-13-4 in latest provincial tournament and according to reports just looked deadly and looked as a man possessed. Some sharp, incisive short stuff also bowled by him on the placid dead SSC track. He's definietly sending selectors a message, more or less showing the middle finger.
    Looks like the Sri Lankan selectors have missed a trick by not picking Chaminda Vaas.

Vaas 8-1-13-2 in the SF of the Provincial games and now 9-1-35-1 in the final.

Kulsekara 4.1-0-30-0 ATM. Vaas has done better than Kulasekara this time around.

News is that Malinga is going to retire from test cricket soon, But will be playing ODIs

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    News is that Malinga is going to retire from test cricket soon, But will be playing ODIs
    Saw this rumor doing its rounds.
    Pathetic if true, SL has a lot of tests finally comming its way and he should look to play them.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    Saw this rumor doing its rounds.
    Pathetic if true, SL has a lot of tests finally comming its way and he should look to play them.
    To be fair, it could be a durability issue. Sri Lanka have played so few Tests of late and he's still struggled to manage the workload, regularly missing matches - how do you expect him to shoulder with even more Tests close together?

Personally I'd rather him play one out of every four Tests and never play a limited overs game again than play every T20I and ODI and retire from Tests, but obviously there's a lot more money in it for him in the latter scenario so I don't begrudge him doing it. Same with McCullum not keeping in Tests anymore; it's a shame but you can't blame him.

I think test cricket is a bit more of a physical strain on him than limited overs cricket. Its a pity though as we really need him playing in all formats ideally.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

He has given a interview to a local journalist at SLCricket.com. Malinga will be playing ODIs & T20s. He thinks it's too much strain to play tests and he may not recover if he injures once more.

SL si going to get ass raped with idiocy at the selection. Now they (selectsuckers + captain) want Kapugedara to bat at 6 in almost all matches. That means Thisara Perera who is averaging 20 with the ball in last year will have no place, and Mendis may play over herath, and SIlva may play over Sam

The possible line up is, Dilshan, Tharanga, Sanga, MJ, Silva, Crapoo, Mathews, Kulasekara, Mendis, malinga, Murali

That team has few GAPIN' holes. Chandimal, Vaas, Samaraweera, Perera and Randiv are missing and that five names will take any minnow nation to a ODI / Test standard if built around. SL is going to get a rude shock.

Now I am thinking of supporting Pakistan or NZ. At least Pakistani selectors have better brains than this.

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar

Yeah should be frustrating to see Crappu (WAC) around. Except for his fielding, he would struggle to make it to Zimbabwe XI currently. And exclusion of Perera is baffling tstl.
    Last edited by M0rphin3; 08-02-2011 at 07:18 AM.
    Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne [/B]

And ehat not, the "mystery" spinner too who bowls right arm slow medium. This fool does not believe in a stock ball. Ad the other fool who averages 22 with Sr of 72 thinks he ahd done well in international cricket. Whole SL cricket is going down the drain because of greedy administrators, ******** select suckers and an idiot as the captain.

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    And the bowling lineup is gonna be dire without Perera, it's a no brainer. Mathews is in poor form offlate with the ball. Mendis is not reliable. That leaves you with Murali and Malinga. Batting sounds even worse with Crappu coming at 5.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information