• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Discussion

This Indian team winning 2011 World Cup

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
whatever. sreesanth has bowled well recently and has a descent test record. as harbhajan, our highest wicket taker currently playing, said, he's a very talented bowler and shouldkeep doing what he's doing as he can win a lot of matches for them overseas. He's going places, i respect people who are authentic and make a name for themselves, and he will be interesting when he comes to australia. What some people call 'crazy, embarrassing antics' others may call hilarious and exciting to watch.
Keyboard jockeys can suck it, and if u don't wanna watch him expressing himslef, then turn off the tv, as he will be in indian cricket for a long time to come.
hey you might want to stop with the whole keyboard warrior thing, in fact you seem to fit the bill for one perfectly.

Up to this point I have never said anything about whether Sree is talented or not. But if you find his actions 'hilarious', (which he obviously isn't intending them to be), then thats alright I guess, to each his own. Just saying that his actions aren't exactly hilariously entertaining when you're under intense pressure while captaining and your player starts dancing around like a moron on the field.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
hey you might want to stop with the whole keyboard warrior thing, in fact you seem to fit the bill for one perfectly.

Up to this point I have never said anything about whether Sree is talented or not. But if you find his actions 'hilarious', (which he obviously isn't intending them to be), then thats alright I guess, to each his own. Just saying that his actions aren't exactly hilariously entertaining when you're under intense pressure while captaining and your player starts dancing around like a moron on the field.

-thanks for the hypocricy regarding keyboard warriors. If you were really trying to make a point, you would have left that last part out.

-i think it's good to see some passion. Hilarious might not be the right word, but cricket is entertainment.

-glad to see you know what a captain feels like. you must have captained a team before, yeah? (not talking about super selector)

-im sure dhoni really hated it when sreesanth was fired up and took the first wicket the other night that led to the downfall of the aussie batsman, or when sree riled up graeme smith and got him to try a ridiculous hook that swung the game in india's favour.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's a different argument. You guys changed your argument.

Your argument re: Dhoni has merit, though I respectfully disagree. If we were just debating that, then that's fine.

But then you guys just started defending Sreesanth's antics and saying how he needs to express himself, and calling us keyboard warriors who don't know **** because we don't bowl 140kph. That's when you and vicleggie started acting like douche bags.
Yeah, I agree with your general point, even though I disagree with you about Sreesanth.

If we're going to say that you can't criticise Sreesanth's bowling/antics because you're a **** bowler compared to him, then equally we have to accept that vicleggie can't criticise your posts for reasons along the same lines.. ;)

Being more naturally gifted at something doesn't make you all-knowing and above criticism from those who aren't. It's an absurd argument. I'm sure Sreesanth doesn't give a **** what you think about his antics but that doesn't mean you don't have the right to express your opinion and discuss it on a cricket forum.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Being more naturally gifted at something doesn't make you all-knowing and above criticism by those who aren't. It's an absurd argument. I'm sure Sreesanth doesn't give a **** what you think about his antics but that doesn't mean you don't have the right to express your opinion and discuss it on a cricket forum.
Quite so. Darren Gough & Ian Healy were world class cricketers once.

Daemon

-thanks for the hypocricy regarding keyboard warriors. If you were really trying to make a point, you would have left that last part out.

-i think it's good to see some passion. Hilarious might not be the right word, but cricket is entertainment.

-glad to see you know what a captain feels like. you must have captained a team before, yeah? (not talking about super selector)

-im sure dhoni really hated it when sreesanth was fired up and took the first wicket the other night that led to the downfall of the aussie batsman, or when sree riled up graeme smith and got him to try a ridiculous hook that swung the game in india's favour.
1) Sorry about that, I apologize, my bad.

2) You did say hilarious. And like I said, to each his own. What you find entertaining may be something that others find embarrassing.

3) I think almost anyone who has played in a team sport knows what its like to play with team mates who are like that. Its annoying and pisses the **** out of you, even more so when you're doing your best to lead. Also this point made by you is as bad as the one you mentioned before about people who aren't allowed to have an opinion if they can't bowl 140ks.

4) If you read my earlier posts, I mentioned aggression =/= ******** acts. I also mentioned staring and talking to the batsmen is completely fine by me, as long as it pays off and is within limits. Doing things like wasting game time by complaining about spectators jeering you is not, however, helping the game or India in any way.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Rubel got the measure here. The pitch is so slow that it's pretty hard to time anything that balloons up from halfway down.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
lol waiting for the haters to come bag me after that sreesanth performance :(
poor bowling though, great seam position why would u bowl short?!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol I'm so happy this happened. :laugh:

What a **** person he is. Glad he's expressing himself by being hit for 24 runs off one over.

What a **** he is.

For shame Sree defenders. For shame.

Daemon

lol waiting for the haters to come bag me after that sreesanth performance :(
poor bowling though, great seam position why would u bowl short?!
lol. although tbh i would've picked Sree over Munaf and taken Ash/Chawla 8-) But it now looks like Munaf will be good on this pitch, sort of like Rubel

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
wac.

In all seriousness, Sree doing that today was the best timing ever :laugh:

Hope Dhoni comes out and doesn't say anything about his attitude or aggressiveness like you guys want him. He should just stay quiet about that

But instead he just should just point blank say "yeah... Sreesanth's ****."