• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

Beleg

International Regular
I don't want the game to be reduced. Seriously, they can run into the second day for a freaking final.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Update 8:05 PM IST, 2:35 PM GMT, 10:35 AM Local Well, the rain has relented and the covers are coming off. However, it looks like there is no chance of the match starting before 11:15 local time, which would mean we might lose about 75 minutes of playing time or 15 overs. If play starts at 11:15 local time, we would have a 42-43 over a side match. Ponting will definitely not be smiling! We are however not sure of the delay as the ground has a fantastic drainage system, stay tuned for further updates

Laurrz

International Debutant
Update 8:10 PM IST, 2:40 PM GMT, 10:40 AM Local Oh boy, this is boring. It has started drizzling again and the covers are back.

stumpski

International Captain
Sky showing highlights of the semi-finals. Better than chat but not very interesting unless you missed them the first time around. I hope it keeps raining now so they get a full match in tomorrow.

pup11

International Coach
I think this 42-43 over game is not fair on Australia as they elected to bat thinking they were gonna be playing a 50 over game.

So there should be a rule that gives the team that won the toss a chance to change their decision in such circumstances.

Beleg

International Regular
Night sets in pretty early at that latitude, PEWS. I don't think they can play beyond 6:30 P.M

i think officially its a shortened game.

but **** a shortened final. I might even not watch if the game is significantly shortened.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

I think this 42-43 over game is not fair on Australia as they elected to bat thinking they were gonna be playing a 50 over game.

So there should be a rule that gives the team that won the toss a chance to change their decision in such circumstances.
That however would not be fair to the opponents!