• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm not so sure re. his sportsmanship tbh - often players will think that they've caught a ball but it might have bounced just in front. As for the other issue, it's been done to death but if that's 15 degrees, they need to buy some new protractors.
Except the University of WA used the best technology available to man (not protractors) and concluded it was more an optical illusion and his doosra falls (just) shy of 15 degrees. You can say what you want about his action, and you've every right, but it's perfectly legal within the 15 degree rules.

It's amazing how every time he does well, the needles come out. Like I said, people have every right to complain, but for me personally (and I have always questioned his action), it becomes so inane and frustrating that it just makes me root for him just so I am not lumped in the same category with some people.

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
I'm not so sure re. his sportsmanship tbh - often players will think that they've caught a ball but it might have bounced just in front. As for the other issue, it's been done to death but if that's 15 degrees, they need to buy some new protractors. Still, if they let him play, it's not his fault and he should be applauded for what he has done. If the officials say he's kosher then he can't do any more than just keep bowling and taking wickets.
He would have known it hit the ground imo. In most cases (nearly everytime) you know...in my experience. He had to pick it up off the ground pretty much

Last edited:

simmy

International Regular
New Zealand were never in this game! I really hope tomorrow's is better as from a neutral's perspective these games should have been incredible!