• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

GGG

State Captain
The umpiring in this game has been shocking (both ways again), the sooner they use the technology available the better. And to think Taufel is the best.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That malinga spell was fantastic...it reminds me why I watch cricket. I hate people plonking down their front foot and driving the ball to all parts. Good bowling makes things SOOOO much more interesting, especially guys like me who love watching bowlers more than batsman. And incidently, its lack of spells like those and instead people focusing on defensive bowling, that makes me loathe ODIs so much.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
That malinga spell was fantastic...it reminds me why I watch cricket. I hate people plonking down their front foot and driving the ball to all parts. Good bowling makes things SOOOO much interesting. And incidently, its lack of spells like those and instead people focusing on defensive bowling, that makes me loathe ODIs so much.
Speaking like a true GM-OLAS member there Manan. I agree with you 100% by the way.

Dissector

International Debutant
Good comeback from Fernando. I think SL have this game in the bag but it's important that Fernando gets some confidence and rhythm going into the final where his performance will be key to whether SL can put up a challenge.

JBH001

International Regular
Hmmm, maybe time Mahela takes Dilhara off.
This is just easing the pressure way too much for SL.

(part-timers like Arnold and Dilshan may have to take up the slack)

Majin

International Debutant
That malinga spell was fantastic...it reminds me why I watch cricket. I hate people plonking down their front foot and driving the ball to all parts. Good bowling makes things SOOOO much more interesting, especially guys like me who love watching bowlers more than batsman. And incidently, its lack of spells like those and instead people focusing on defensive bowling, that makes me loathe ODIs so much.
Compeltely agree as well, much more a man who loves to watch bowlers on fire rather than batsmen doing well, even if I do appreciate fine innings.

Sri Lanka really need to find a better 4th bowling option, they have enough part time spinners to cover the 5th bowling spot adeptly but Fernando is utter pap and I don't really rate Maharoof much either from what i've seen. Is there anyone else who could cover the spot at all? What's Kulasekara like as a bowler, does anyone know?

Fernando is utterly ****e atm. Jayawardene needs to get him out of the bowling attack and keep him out

Natman20

International Debutant
Sri Lanka still with the advantage IMO. But it is certainly must be closer than before. 6 more against Murali

Dissector

International Debutant
I spoke too soon about Fernando. While I still don't see NZ pulling this off with so many Murali overs left, that over has made things a bit more interesting. The good news for SL is that the powerplay is almost done and they can get spin from both ends soon.

JBH001

International Regular
I would say it is all on, now.

Even stevens with NZ slowly edging ahead...

Edit/ I take it a wicket has gone down?

Natman20

International Debutant
Just as NZ get a bit of advantage a wicket falls and again it seems like a huge ask to wi this from here.