Page 12 of 126 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Finals

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Well aren't you just such a great person...
    Not really, just pointing out the difference in our opinoin.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Waa waa Australia keep winning waaaaaaa.

Don't watch cricket if you can't handle it.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

No offence to the Aussies on this board....but there are too many 'pansies' or 'poofs' in your current side.

I don't think the likes of Watson or Clark (or anyone with blonde hair for that matter) will be able to handle the pressure of a World Cup final. I'd rather have the mongrel street smarts of a Craig McMillan or Piggy Styris any day of the week over a bunch of fairies.

Have I mentioned the canary yellow yet?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    You're back Good to see, the Watson love has been out of control after that knock he played against us, we need you to put those damn Aussies back in their place.
    G'day Perm. I have to be on my best behaviour. I'm on a final warning from James. He has organised a probation officer to check on me daily. Not sure who that is yet...probably Richard

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by meatspx View Post
    No offence to the Aussies on this board....but there are too many 'pansies' or 'poofs' in your current side.

I don't think the likes of Watson or Clark (or anyone with blonde hair for that matter) will be able to handle the pressure of a World Cup final. I'd rather have the mongrel street smarts of a Craig McMillan or Piggy Styris any day of the week over a bunch of fairies.

*high fives meatspx*

If only it was me.

Quote Originally Posted by meatspx View Post

Yeah, Ponting, Hayden and McGrath get criticised for being to hard, too one-eyed (admittedly not by you), Watson and others get criticised for being too soft. There is literally no winning with some and as I said before, things start going into the irrational to try and find ways to dislike the team when at the end of the day, it's because they win alot and chances are they've beaten your side recently.

It's a fair price to pay for whooping all your arses though (**** of Cameron)
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Smith got a little injury...

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Yeah, Ponting, Hayden and McGrath get criticised for being to hard, too one-eyed (admittedly not by you), Watson and others get criticised for being too soft. There is literally no winning with some and as I said before, things start going into the irrational to try and find ways to dislike the team when at the end of the day, it's because they win alot and chances are they've beaten your side recently.

It's a fair price to pay for whooping all your arses though (**** of Cameron)
    Basically what it comes down to is people like to find excuses to criticise them, becausing disliking them simply for being Australian isn't really much of a reason.

International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Says the one with an Aussie in his avatar
    Adam Gilchrist is an honourary non-Aussie.

He's a bit too likeable to be in the current team.

Quote Originally Posted by Evermind View Post
    Adam Gilchrist is an honourary non-Aussie.

He's a bit too likeable to be in the current team.
    Exactly, he should be worshipped around the world as a god of cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I know it may be a bit much to ask, but I'd still like to see at least one "neutral" fan come in here and say something to the tune of "I'd like to see Australia win it because they have the best side at the moment, have played the best cricket in the tournament and hence deserve it the most." Still yet to happen and I somehow doubt it will now, but it's a perfectly sound reasoning that I'm somewhat surprised hasn't been considered yet.
    I agree with that, but on one condition that SL at full strength could've tested them at Grenada , although I don't know if they will if they happen to get to Bridgetown where the conditions will favour the Aussies.

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Just because it might get boring for (some) to see Aussies win all the time doesn't mean that the Aussies are getting anything on a platter, they have worked their backsides off to remain so consistent for such a long time so all credit needs to go to them.

Other teams just haven't been good enough to match upto the Aussies, so i would love to see the Aussies win and be crowned as the (deserving) world champions for the 3rd time in a row.
    Agree with this too.

But any of the four teams at this stage of World Cup can on their day if they play to their best potential upset the Aussies ....and I repeat upset because it would only be a one off occurrence if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JASON View Post
    I agree with that, but on one condition that SL at full strength could've tested them at Grenada , although I don't know if they will if they happen to get to Bridgetown where the conditions will favour the Aussies.
    Chasing 226? Highly doubtful tbh - If SL's batsman had made 260/270 I'd agree with you.

Chasing 226? Highly doubtful tbh - If SL's batsman had made 260/270 I'd agree with you.
    Murali, Vaas, Malinga have managed to restrict a lot of Teams under 200 -230, and with the conditions at Grenada , there is a very high possibility Aussies would've struggled against Murali and Malinga at Grenada. I am not saying that SL would've won, but it would've been a close run thing IMO.

May be I am saying this from a patriotic point of view, but I am sure their presence would've also meant the batting may have contributed a bit more resolutely than with a sense of non chalance given to a match you expect to lose anyway, if you get my drift.

Thread Information