• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wide Brimmed Hats

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Why would SA be wearing Green wide brimmed hats that match the rest of the uniform/kit when India wear white ones?

SA look far more professional. There must be a semi-decent reason why India dont wear colour co-ordinated hats, but I cant think of one.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I actually prefer the look of the white sunhat rather than the coloured sunhat with the coloured uniform. Plunkett's blue sunhat looks ridiculous. Haven't got a problem with it TBH.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Ive seen the light blue wide-brimmed hats before. The Aussie's dont have coloured versions either. Might be a different brand?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I actually prefer the look of the white sunhat rather than the coloured sunhat with the coloured uniform. Plunkett's blue sunhat looks ridiculous. Haven't got a problem with it TBH.
The whole idea of having a white sunhat is to reflect the sun.

A blue one, purple one or sky-blue-pink with vermilion dots on rather defeats the object.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Because unless you're from the West Indies eg. Richie Richardson, wearing a coloured wide-brimmed hat makes you look stupid.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If a player is wearing a wide brimmed hat, I personally feel that a white one looks a bit tidier.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

When it gets windy, wide-brimmed hats are PATHETIC!!!!!

Personally I am not a BIG fan of the wide-brimmed hats :dry:!!!!!~~~~~

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If a player is wearing a wide brimmed hat, I personally feel that a white one looks a bit tidier.
Agreed.

Although it really doesn't matter much IMO - it seems as if Goughy is just trying to portray India as unprofressional at any means he can think of with this thread.

andmark

International Captain
Why would SA be wearing Green wide brimmed hats that match the rest of the uniform/kit when India wear white ones?

SA look far more professional. There must be a semi-decent reason why India dont wear colour co-ordinated hats, but I cant think of one.
Maybe they're comfortable.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agreed.

Although it really doesn't matter much IMO - it seems as if Goughy is just trying to portray India as unprofressional at any means he can think of with this thread.
Disagree, that doesn't seem like something Goughy would deliberately do. The Austraian's also wear white wide brimmed hats but I think Goughy was probably just using India as the first example that sprung into his head.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Disagree, that doesn't seem like something Goughy would deliberately do. The Austraian's also wear white wide brimmed hats but I think Goughy was probably just using India as the first example that sprung into his head.
Yeah, I don't think he'd start a thread just to have a pot-shot at India, but I just got that impression when I read it, tbh.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed.

hahaha, what rubbish. ooh, its all a conspiracy :blink: I see Australia use the white one too. India have nothing particular to do with the issue

I think it looks messy, like when they had all sorts of un matching gear for ODIs in coloured clothing. It just looks shabby.

The idea of the wide brimmed hat is for shade and I think the coloured one ala England and SA looks FAR better than the mismatching white one India and Aus use.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
le makes the most salient point in this thread - the whole point of a sunhat is for it to be white. The man of physics speaks the truth.

IMO coloured sunhats are pointless - either wear a cap or wear a white sunhat. And not many choose the latter - sunscreen does the job fine.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I remember during the early 90's, India would come over to play and they'd all be wearing different hats, different coloured helmets, etc. Made me laugh.

readie

State Regular
When I was about Ten I had a wide brimmed hat and my mum bleaches it to clean it and the green underside turned yellow and spread all over my hat