• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you think is favourites now to win World Cup

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I think NZ are really going to suffer from the loss of Vincent, and might even miss out on the semi-finals as a result.

England or WI will sneak in there instead, along with Aus, SA and SL, but get beaten in the semi's.

I can see SL winning this one...but I can also see them crashing and burning a la Champions' Trophy :(

Bold prediction time -- whoever wins the post-Super 8 Australia vs SL match will win the whole damn thing. This will be either a semi-final, or the final itself.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Evermind, I was not comparing Hogg to Murali or Maharoof to McGrath, all i was saying there was that they play a similar role for their respective teams.
Pray tell how Hogg's role in the Australian side is similar to Murali's role for Sri Lanka?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pray tell how Hogg's role in the Australian side is similar to Murali's role for Sri Lanka?
Seeing that he already explained he wasn't comparing the players skill but the roles they play for their team. I think the fact they both spin the ball, change the pace of the innings, and confound many a batsman is the role he means.

And Hogg has been on fire.

8 Wickets for 122 runs (22 overs)
Murali has 6 for 64 runs (24.4 overs)

Hogg's expensive because of the very nature of the match against South Africa, Hogg has more wickets, due to the very nature of the match against South Africa. And Murali has went for nothing, because he is a wizard.

They are both used for a similar purpose. Not the same.