• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What do you mean, like some kinda avatar deal? I don't mind.
I was actually referring to loser eats a can of PAL dog food on video and puts it on YouTube.

Lol j/k. I was just challenging your "safe" assumption, as I think its incredibly harsh to write off WI from making the semis considering how good they were in the CT.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was actually referring to loser eats a can of PAL dog food on video and puts it on YouTube.

Lol j/k. I was just challenging your "safe" assumption, as I think its incredibly harsh to write off WI from making the semis considering how good they were in the CT.
I actually volunteered to eat a can of catfood and put it on YouTube if the Storm won the NRL grand final. Close call! :p

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Holy F**K for Bangladesh :ph34r:!!!!!
I dont think they should play scared but to be realistic, one really has chance to beat the aussies, i just hope someone does though and their winning streak at the wc doesn't continue much longer...but they have a fair chance at beating- england, ireland, new zealand and some what west indies...may be im being a bit more optimistic than i should be but its ok...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
i would love it if ireland beat england though...that would be so great...the irish players could rub it in joyce's face...i think the irish and the scotish should be bit more loyal to their country instead of playing for england...because if they sacrifices their "need" to play test cricket, they could potentially bring test cricket to their own country...but some sacrifice is needed from the top class players...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i would love it if ireland beat england though...that would be so great...the irish players could rub it in joyce's face...i think the irish and the scotish should be bit more loyal to their country instead of playing for england...because if they sacrifices their "need" to play test cricket, they could potentially bring test cricket to their own country...but some sacrifice is needed from the top class players...
You can't blame players for wanting to play test cricket IMO.

Also, it must be noted that several of the players in the Ireland team actually deserted their own country for a chance to play ODIs (that being, because they weren't good enough for their own country) so it'd be a bit hypocritical for Johnston for example to whinge about Joyce...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
the best thing though would be if the aussies get beat by one of the minnows...unlikely but would be so great, would probably one of the cricketing moments be most people remember...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When Zimbabwe were in a better state I'm not sure Tikolo would have made the side. The Zimbabwe lineup at its peak had the Flower brothers, Murray Goodwin, Neil Johnson and the like, a pretty strong lineup.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
yeah i know you cant blame a player for wanting to play test cricket, meaning for a different country...but you should appreciate a player who stays loyal and patriotic for his country and try to bring its cricket up

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Completely random number play from me, I've gone for the following table, dunno who will beat who though, and will probably be completely wrong!

Code:
Aus	12
NZ	10
SA	10
SL	8
WI	8
Ban	4
Eng	4
Ire	0

Zinzan

I had heard that NZ were playing the West Indies this Thursday in the super 8 match, but according to cricinfo (unless its a misprint) C1 (nz) play D2 (ireland) ...can anyone confirm

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dad heard that we were playing the West Indies, however I heard it was whoever lost between Ireland and the West Indies (Ireland). I daresay cricinfo have it right though.

Zinzan

Dad heard that we were playing the West Indies, however I heard it was whoever lost between Ireland and the West Indies (Ireland). I daresay cricinfo have it right though.
Yeah, just seems strange that everyone including Ian Smith the other day were under the impression we were playin West Indies, surely noone was expecting Ireland to beat the WI before that match

pasag

RTDAS
No WI were always going to be D2 no matter the result if they got through to the Super 8s and Ireland took Pakistan's place as D1, the recent match had no significance regarding that. Therefore NZ vs WI on Thursday, regardless of who won the WI Ireland game the other day.