• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web World Cup Ladders

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Nnanden said:
These definately need to be updated. :p Look forward to them.
The problem now is that the Champions Trophy is starting, and updating them in the middle of a tournament could leave us looking very silly within a matter of days if we slate a player and then he goes on to win a game for his team.

There was a degree of work done on the first update a few months back, but it was put on hold once other things kept turning up - fingers crossed that we should be able to get another update done sometime soon. We're aware that there's been a great deal of interest in this feature (which is great, as it was my idea :D) so we're definitely working on it. :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
The problem now is that the Champions Trophy is starting, and updating them in the middle of a tournament could leave us looking very silly within a matter of days if we slate a player and then he goes on to win a game for his team.
Scared of putting your reputation on the line? :) I thought making judgements and being a writer was based on knowledge and expertise. Simple solution is to use that knowledge to pick the guys that will win the games for their teams.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Goughy said:
Scared of putting your reputation on the line? :) I thought making judgements and being a writer was based on knowledge and expertise. Simple solution is to use that knowledge to pick the guys that will win the games for their teams.
You've got me there. :laugh:

We'll have a think and see what we can get done. Depends on availability and time in between covering CT games, probably, but we'll do our best. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
If that post doesn`t sound like you`re talking about taking a crap, nothing does.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Nnanden said:
If that post doesn`t sound like you`re talking about taking a crap, nothing does.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I might be able to finish off the England one sometime over the weekend, too, if I get time in between shifts at work.

Gajanayake

School Boy/Girl Captain
1. Tendulkar 33 (Mumbai)
2. Sehwag 28 (Delhi)
3. Kaif 25 (UP)
4. Yuvraj 24 (Punjab)
5. Dravid 33 (Karnataka)
6. Dhoni 25 (jharkhand)
7. Mongia 28 (Punjab)
8. Pathan 22 (baroda)
9. Agarkar 28 (Mumbai)
10. Munaf 23 (Maharashtra)
11. Harbhajan 26 (Punjab)
12. Kumble 36 (Karnataka)
13. Sreesanth 23 (Kerala)
14. Raina 19 (UP)
15. Powar 28 (Mumbai)

16. Murali Kartik 30 (Railways)
17. RP Singh 20 (UP)
18. Gautam Gambhir 25 (Delhi)
19. Venugopala Rao 24 (Andhra Pradesh)
20. Zaheer Khan 28 (Mumbai)

21. Robin Uthappa 21 (Karnataka)
22. Rohit Sharma 19 (Mumbai)
23. VVS Laxman 32 (Hyderabad)
24. Vikram Rajvir Singh 21 (Punjab)
25. Piyush Chawla 17 (UP)
26. Laxmi Balaji 25 (Tamil Nadu)
27. Subramaniam Badrinath 26 (Tamil Nadu)
28. Pragyan Ojha 20 (Hyderabad)
29. Ashish Nehra 27 (Delhi)
30. Saurav Ganguly 34 (Bengal)

I'd be surprised (if there were no inuries) if I didn't get the WC 15 (the first 15 names) right. In any case, I seriously doubt anyone outside the top 20 will make the WC squad now.