• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Australia, South Africa, Scotland, Holland

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Declarations are illegal in the one-day game, chum...
So you can make a substitution, but not declare? What a bloody weird game of cricket.:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Crazy, ain't it?
The more you think about it, the more crazy the idea of substitutions is, really.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
What's the betting that Australia will get over 500 against either Holland or Scotland. With Ponting and Hussey both getting double Hundreds.

Steulen

International Regular
Hah. The Netherlands and Scotland aren't quite *that* bad...

A repeat of the Dutch's first game in the 2003 WC (India 204ao) will do nicely, thank you.

<insert mandatory RTD bragging here>

PhoenixFire

International Coach
If Australia can get 400+ against Ntini, Pollock, Kallis, etc, then why not against Scotland, especially with Ponting in the form he is.

Choc

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
PhoenixFire said:
If Australia can get 400+ against Ntini, Pollock, Kallis, etc, then why not against Scotland, especially with Ponting in the form he is.
Well mainly because games like that don't come across our paths everyday and 2ndly because that Wanders pitch was a beauty I don't know how many pitches like that are ever going to be produced. Sa Aus can't wait and SA are looking really good in Odi form :)

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Choc said:
Well mainly because games like that don't come across our paths everyday and 2ndly because that Wanders pitch was a beauty I don't know how many pitches like that are ever going to be produced. Sa Aus can't wait and SA are looking really good in Odi form :)
I reckon the whole wc will be low scoring with allthese new pitches being slow and low. I wudnt put 400 out of the reckoning for those games though.

ripper868

International Coach
In a complete shock...scotland to beat SOuth africa after South africa fails miserably with the bat, all out for 120 odd and scotland make runs with 2 wickets and 3 ballss to spare...you heard it here first.

scotland to then go through when they beat holland and there match with australia is rained out....:ph34r:

And australia to beat south africa

Armsty

Cricket Spectator
Obviously it should be Australia and South Africa but I am expecting Scotland to surprise South Africa and possibly push for the 2nd spot in the pool. You never know and can never be sure.

brockley

International Captain
It will be like this.
We play our best team against england in the trial and against south africa,our warm up against zimbabwe and our 2 games against holland and scotland we rotate and rest.
Super *'s is a long thing players will need rest altho gather we will rotate in the super 8's as well.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
South Africa are the 2nd best ODi team in the world, and they even beat Australia 3-2 in South Africa. The chance of South Africa not qualifying to the super eight is exactly zero.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
One rather important name was absent...

IMO with Pollock (and, obviously, McGrath) that game would not have been possible.

And incidentally, the way Ponting treated Ntini, Kallis, Telemachus, etc. they were no better than Blain and co.