• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Scotland Thread

steds

Hall of Fame Member

Every team seems to have a thread, so why not the mighty mighty Scotland? The land of heroic figures such as Robert Burns, William Wallace, Gavin Hamilton, Darren Fletcher and Whyte And Mackay. The current resting place of the Calcutta Cup. Such a marvellous little nation.

But will we win a match this World Cup? Will we ****!

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
14 March (Wednesday) - Australia
20 March (Tuesday) - South Africa
22 March (Thursday) - Holland

steds

Hall of Fame Member
14 March (Wednesday) - Huge thrashing.
20 March (Tuesday) - Huge thrashing.
22 March (Thursday) - Probably still a loss, but I'm hoping for a win so I can laugh at Tarique.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ain't it good for the substandard teams to have only 3 games (1 against each other) meaning we'll have just a handful in this tournament compared to the stupid number in 2003.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Squad

John Blain, Dougie Brown, Gavin Hamilton, Majid Haq, Paul Hoffmann, Douglas Lockhart, Ross Lyons, Neil McCallum, Dewald Nel, Navdeep Poonia, Glenn Rogers, Colin Smith, Ryan Watson, Fraser Watts, Craig Wright (captain).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Biggest probably for Scotland will be their wicket keeping woes IMO. Lockhart's batting has gone down the toilet and I saw that even Gavin Hamilton had a go keeping in one game recently.

Haq is under-rated IMO.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Batting looks pretty weak IMO. However if they can get a team on a minefield and have a low scoring game then they have half a chance of an upset.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Batting looks pretty weak IMO. However if they can get a team on a minefield and have a low scoring game then they have half a chance of an upset.
One batsmen to look out for if he gets going is Ryan Watson.He'll hardly give the Aussie bowlers sleepless nights just yet but a 45 ball 100 against Somerset a couple of years ago and consistent performances in the C&G last year give note of his ability.Also a very good 82 against Pakistan last year where I attended the game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
One batsmen to look out for if he gets going is Ryan Watson.He'll hardly give the Aussie bowlers sleepless nights just yet but a 45 ball 100 against Somerset a couple of years ago and consistent performances in the C&G last year give note of his ability.Also a very good 82 against Pakistan last year where I attended the game.
He was also born in Zimbabwe. Give him back you thieving Scots! :p

On a more serious note, Poonia is another batsman to look out for. A lot of the batting responsibility will fall on these two guys plus Gavin Hamilton.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Be interesting to see how they go actually, Scotland has been one of the big improvers just recently.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Didn't they beat the Aussies at a festival game during the 2005 Ashes tour? Or did I dream that?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Every team seems to have a thread, so why not the mighty mighty Scotland? The land of heroic figures such as Robert Burns, William Wallace, Gavin Hamilton, Darren Fletcher and Whyte And Mackay. The current resting place of the Calcutta Cup. Such a marvellous little nation.

But will we win a match this World Cup? Will we ****!

Needs editing urgently methinks.