• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Vs Netherlands

Eclipse

International Debutant
Looks like the match might be a wash out according to wether forcasts.

Australia currently 109/2 (25.0/47 ov)

Some good line and length bowling by the Netherlands on a pitch offering alot off seam and swing.

The out feild is very slow so I dont think there is much chance of any batting records being broken if the game does restart that and the bowling has been very good so far.

Its a pretty shocking pitch to bat on so there not going to go at 6 an over through the whole innings. I hope the match gets back going. I want to see how the Aussies play and I hate wash outs. also its not fair for Aus:!(

Eclipse

International Debutant
It's certainly not a good pitch I mean Hayden 33 off 60 balls!

And the ball has been swinging around and seaming all over the place.

Still raining. Damn rain.

Well I hope this match goes ahead and keeps on going. I Want to see how the Aussies bowl to the Netherlands on this pitch. Brett Lee would be swinging it all over the place with Holland bowlers can swing it:D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's going to be interesting to see what sort of total DL will set for the Dutch after the Aussies complete their 36 overs (or whatever it will be down to).

Eclipse

International Debutant
Lee would be a nightmare in these contitions but he's not playing so it does not matter.

Rich2001

International Captain
RickyPonting14 said:
Its a pretty shocking pitch to bat on so there not going to go at 6 an over through the whole innings. I hope the match gets back going. I want to see how the Aussies play and I hate wash outs. also its not fair for Aus:!(
It might not be fair, you can't say just for Australia, as rain is a natural thing and any match could get it, if you won a game that was effected by rain iam sure it wouldn't even cross your mind before celeabrating. (but as you are newish, iam not labling you.. I'll just wait until Australia win this match :lol: )

Im sure that I would say oh the Aussies were abit lucky there because of the rain actually!

If the match is washed out then it isn't fair for Australia because ofourse they are going to win but because of the rain only get 2 points. Just like the West Indies match that was bad for them as it was washed out.

Btw the match is going again. 2/156 after 32 overs the match is reduced to 36 overs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I do like the way that whenever things don't go the Aussie's way 100% it's never due to poor performances by the Aussies or good performances by thie opponents, but it is the weather or the pitch or the umpires' fault!

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
I do like the way that whenever things don't go the Aussie's way 100% it's never due to poor performances by the Aussies or good performances by thie opponents, but it is the weather or the pitch or the umpires' fault!

Sure but Australia have not done anything wrong in this match infact they have done well to be 2/158 after 34 overs with the state of this pitch.

Australia should clean the Netherlands up quick smart on this pitch even know Gillespie, Hogg and Lee are not playing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
It's going to be interesting to see what sort of total DL will set for the Dutch after the Aussies complete their 36 overs (or whatever it will be down to).
I reckon about 210-220.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:
Sure but Australia have not done anything wrong in this match infact they have done well to be 2/158 after 34 overs with the state of this pitch.
There was complaining at the fact they weren't going at 6 an over.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Steady if unspectacular performance.

Can't say I blame them (although the fielding was a bit of a laugh at times)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
It's certainly not a good pitch I mean Hayden 33 off 60 balls!

And the ball has been swinging around and seaming all over the place.
Slow scoring doesn't allways mean it's a poor pitch. Hayden is a human being, he can have an off day, he can make mistakes...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
Lee would be a nightmare in these contitions but he's not playing so it does not matter.
Slow pitch...fast bowler...hmmmmm...they don't usually mix too well do they?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wasn't a great pitch, true, but I'm absolutely delighted that Brett didn't play - otherwise I would have ended up resorting to writing a few hundred words of garbage about a helicopter

<quack> that football manager did it and made a fortune

Who was that?

<quack> Fergie

Sssshhhhh - you'll get me beheaded. Sorry, your Royal Highness.

<quack> tee hee

Langeveldt

Soutie
I didnt think the pitch was so bad. Ive seen worse and the North West Stadium in Potch is a new stadium so it needs time to settle...

Did anyone see the SAPS chopper? Never seen that before at a cricket match. Expert flying by the pair tho!