• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Site Update

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
May I make a suggestion? I think you should add a waiting list page - ie how long it is and who is on it, whos the next to come...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I like the idea of this even though im not on the list i think it would help keep people interested if they new that they were close to getting a spot in the big time.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. P said:
May I make a suggestion? I think you should add a waiting list page - ie how long it is and who is on it, whos the next to come...
we are looking to revamp the academy section of the website and it may or may not include that on it, ive emailed everyone on the waiting list regarding the academy series and basically the list will be revamped from there...

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yep, as Simon said, this year seen the Academy is so popular now I was going to involve the Academy managers more by adding their teams and seasonal stats ect ect onto the site, I know that as a recent academy manager its good to get recognition, plus it will help them prepare from the main league i guess :)

Mr. P

OK thats a great idea dave, awesome stuff...:D

Although that does not answer my original question;)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yeah well I cant answer your exact question, its a board issue. But i can let you know whats happening to the Academy section, and if the board like your idea, that will be another addition. :)

Simon

we can leave it off for now, i dont think its all that important to have it on the site, if anyone wants to know where they r on the waiting list they can ask me or blewy....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey Dave. I just realised that the link for my profile on the team page is of the old manager. It is no big deal, but probably should be changed.

nibbs

International Captain
thier should be a page titled "Champions" or someone should come up with something witty. It would have the following in it:

ONE DAY
D1; Season 1 - Queensland
Season 2 - Queensland
Season 3 - South Australia
Season 4 - South Australia

D2; Season 1 - South Australia
Season 2 - Kent
Season 3 - New South Wales
Season 4 - Karnataka

and so on...

it would be cool imho

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nibbs said:
thier should be a page titled "Champions" or someone should come up with something witty. It would have the following in it:

ONE DAY
D1; Season 1 - Queensland
Season 2 - Queensland
Season 3 - South Australia
Season 4 - South Australia

D2; Season 1 - South Australia
Season 2 - Kent
Season 3 - New South Wales
Season 4 - Karnataka

and so on...

I agree Nibs, it would be good idea.

Perhaps at the bottom of the team pages, it could have where the team finished each season.
it would be cool imho

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Lol as i said on MSN nibbs, I asked Blewy about doing a 'Hall of Fame' page ages ago, including the divisional champions over the seasons, records (most runs in 4D/1D season, most wickets in 4D/1D season) ect ect, however Blewy didnt have time to get the researching done.

Kyle - i'll fix that one up mate

Simon

have u updated any more of the team pages and that dave, i think u said u were gonna do some stuff on it this weekend after u finished on that datto.....

Simon

we are slowly working through the team lists, ill update this post as team pages are done, most dont have player ages, and there are some alignment issues, but the stats are right, teas done so far

ACT
SA
Guyana
Hampshire
Glamorgan
NSW
QLD
Tasmania
Jamaica

Last edited:

Graham

3rd Umpire
Good work men.
Simon - could we have the players ages on the team pages also please as that's an important piece of information when lining up future trade deals.
Graham.

Simon

yes player ages will be put on the site before trading starts for next season, just that at the moment quite a few will take some tracking down and the sooner we get the stats up the better.
So to answer your question, player ages will be put on there yes....

Slats4ever

thanks guys. u guys are doing an awesome job and it'll be awesome to have all the player stats on the site again.

DJellett

International Debutant
Yes, good work lads.

It will be MUCH easier to pick teams when they are on the site too.

Thanks.

Dylan.