• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Four Day Reports

Cloete

International Captain
TN travelled to Hampshire with promotion hopes still right up there. The manager Andrew Cloete has spoken openly about who he thinks will be leaving TN for the draft. However a few things today may have changed that.

Hampshire batted first. A somewhat average innings saw them conclude at 296 all out. Crawley the best with 92. Shrinivas managed 4/98 while Vidyut decided to play his best game of the year taking 3/30.

TN were in with a chance of winning this easily. And the boys didn't dissappoint. managing 362 all out. Highsmith continued his great season form managing a 90 at the top of the innings. Flower's put on 85 and was invloved in a 167 run partnership with Highsmith. Razzaq doing well for is 43 while VIdyut also decided to finally bat well. Managing a well played and solid 55 not out. TN lead by 66 runs.

TN were in all flight during Hampshire's next innings. And the home team never really got going. Evans and Turner puttting on the only really decent partnership of 60 odd. Shrinivas again taking a 4 fer this time 4/48. While VIdyut decided to bowl well yet again. taking 4/28 off 12 overs. a great bowling display from TN. Hamsphire 196 all out.

Chasing only 130 TN did it comfortably. Everyone got starts. But Jayasuria, Highsmith and FLowers were the one's dismissed. Samuels 38* and Razzaq 24* were the not out batsmen.

Match Result:

TN win by 7 wkts, MoM S vidyut:wow: :O

In other news:

Lancashire just managed a 1 wicket win over Karnatarka in a low-scoring game. This brings our odds of promotion back down. However I am unsure on the table. As when i go to it from my results it just comes up as a white box with an X in teh corner. I'd say Lancs are roughly 5 points ahead of us. However Kent could be challengers. No doubt the are disappointed with the draw against WA. My Verdict: Win the next game convincingly and playoffs here we come. If Karna Manage to lose their game they may also JUST be pipped. However finishing 3rd won't be any shame, 2nd is just a bonus.

Great game Vidyut and Shrinivas. I'll play Vidyut in the next 1d game to see if he can perform. His feat may not be sealed yet!

Rich2001

International Captain
Cloete said:
However Kent could be challengers. No doubt the are disappointed with the draw against WA.
Damn stright :!( - How damn annoying that one stupid tailenders wicket has basically cost me my promotion chance now.

Oh well guess it gives me a chance to give a few of the boys a run now. :(

nibbs

International Captain
A twist in the tale

Last round, Warwickshire were given an absolute ass whipping by the superb Tasmania. With the harder run into the climax of the season, most Warwickshire fans appeared to be now looking at the prospect of a playoff.

However a dramatic round saw a twist is the tale that has been season three. Warwickshire travelled to the hopeless ND, while Tassy were hosted by Worcs.

Warwickshire bowled and ripped ND apart. Allout for 107AO. Their first innings batting effort was exactly what the doctor ordered, after weeks of **** first innings efforts, the team finally responded with a brilliant 486/8 declared. Sriram made a brilliant 143, with support from Anderson (123) and Howarth (84), ensuring the visitors had the 10 bonus points in the bag.

Meanwhile on the other side of the globe Tassy appeared to have control of their game againsrt Worcestershire. They batted well and made 448AO. Worcestershire are fighting to avoid playoff cricket and responded with 451AO. In what was a game dominated by the bat Tassy finished on 406/6 seeing the game end in a draw.

Meanwhile a determined Warwickshire finished off NDs second innings for 227 ensuring a good win, and more importantly 20 points. Tassy's draw saw them lose their as Warwickshire has moved a nose in front with a 3 point lead. ND now look certain to be relegated unless an amazing act of god saves them from an inevitable drop in division 4 next season.

Expect a big preview for the final two rounds of what has been a pulsating division three four day comp...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ACT beat Jamaica in division 5 this week. The usual suspects doing the damage. Maxwell 89 & 116*. Dawn with 66, Ramage, French and Mann took most of the wickets between them. ACT won the match by 102 runs and with Mashonaland loosing the Comets look almost assured of top spot and doing the 1d - 4d double in division 5.
Man of the match was Maxwell who now averages 85 in 4d this season. Comets player of the year points went to 3 Maxwell, 2 French 1 Ramage.

David

International 12th Man
When it rains, it pours...

Leics handed their second 4 day loss for the season, and for the second time absolutely thrashed. shemozzled.. pathetic.. thats all folks.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guyana played host to Free state during round eight of the four day competition and with players trying to impress new manager Kyle Wright for next season were comprehensively beaten by a much surperior Free state.

Guyana captain Sarwan won the toss and elected to bat first on the very flat Georgetown wicket but that was about the only good fortune that Guyana had for the first session and a half with the hosts teetering at 5-177. It got a little better for the hosts when Parlane (93*) joined Sarwan sharing in a 114 run stand, but after the loss of Sarwan the tail could only manage another 44 runs to be all out on the last ball of the day for a disgraceful 275.

Free State started the second day with little difficulty taking advantage of the beautiful Georgetown pitch. The only thing that could be said against the Free State batsman was that nobody went on to make a big hundred, however with three batsman reaching half centuries and two others reaching 40 Free State managed 398 bowled out early on the third morning with opening batsman Leibenberg top scoring with 78. Lawson was the pick of the bowlers with 3-69, Downton also took 4-115.

Guyana trailed by 123 on the first innings and the Georgetown pitch gave no reason for the Guyanese to think they couldn't set Free State a competive chase. After a good start, a mix of disciplined bowling and reckles shotmaking left Guyana setting Free State 17 with Vass (2-35) doing the early damage and man of the match Mahesh (3-9) cleaning up the tail. The Free State openers knocked off the total just after tea on the third day to record an outright win over the struggling Guyana.

With Guyana looking to recruit strongly in the offseason and with the arrival of top academy player Y. Hills next season Guyana will be looking to sure up combinations for the remaining rounds, so expect changes.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr. Ponting said:
Still haven't got the d4 results. C'mon marc, where are they?!
Awaiting the games to be played - My computer is playing up at home, and decided to restart when I was attempting to run them yesterday (the first chance I got to actually run them).

I will try again tonight if that's alright with you all.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Somerset knocked over in new managers first outing

After being sent in to bat on a rather cold and windy day, the Somerset openers never looked set. Not much could be said for Bowler (0) who was dismissed by a rather wayward ball outside the off, went fishing for it, and was gone first ball. Butcher (18) and Adams (25) seemed be starting to consolidate before at 38 Ronnie Irani broke through with a thin edge from Butcher. On 55, Adams too was gone and from then on nobody got starts, except for Kalavitigoda, who played some rather magnificent shots in his 40. Somerset looked extremely downcast at crumbling for 131 and not performing in front of their new manager. The question was, would this reflect in their bowling?

The Somerset side looked geared up coming in to bowl to the WP openers, but after a few dropped chances, it took a little over ten overs to take the wicket. The score was 44, and Llewellyn, who has survived two prior opportunities, tried to defend a shorter ball from Caddick. It came onto him quicker then expected, and he was gone for a rather dicey 11. From then on it was a frustrating innings for both teams, WP getting many starts but never getting too far away. When Caddick finally dismissed Nelson, WP were all out for 287. Rickman (64), Richardson (43) and Yates (39) all made cameos. The pick of the bowlers was Caddick, who alone bowled superbly in a deflated team. Caddick ended with 5-74.

The openers, both of whom had failed in the previous innings, looked determined to come out and make a big score. Bowler in particular looked like a man on a mission, compiling 29 off 78 until he was given out to a very dubious decision from the bowling of Yates. The two had put on 74. After this though, signs began to look good for Somerset. After Butchers (42) sparkling innings came to an end, Adams (66) and Lathwell (73) came together to put on a marvellous 129. But on 2/217, that man Nelson came on again and in one over took the wickets of Adams, Kalavitigoda (0 from 3) and Key (0 from 2). Within seconds they had been reduced to 5/217 and in deep trouble. After that Somerset were bowled out rather dramatically for 281, the only thing saving them from complete failure was a stand-and-deliver innings of 22 from Caddick. So, after looking at one stage like setting a target of 250 odd, WP had only 126 to make.

WP knocked off the runs as quickly as they could, Llewellyn giving the crowd something to cheer about with 73, including 3 giant sixes. Somerset never looked like taking them down, although another bright spot was Caddicks bowling, taking 3 of the 4 wickets including an absolute scorcher to bowl Laxman for 4.

An altogether unhappy result for Guy Kerridge, who said afterwards that he would make fresh changes to the squad that went down today.

Mr. P

yeah mate, even i got those results. check to see wether you junk mail filter is on. that was my problem at one stage.

Craig

World Traveller
I dont use hotmail for Cricket Web. Maybe I accidently delated it and I didnt see it (I got the results).

Slats4ever

Province Fight off Demotion

There was much hype surrounding the match between Somerset and Province. The Somerset media had been talking up the decision to hire their new manager, Mr Ponting, and the local crowd were out to see if any new styles of play had been implemented.
For Province it was a matter of keeping it tight lipped, as they knew this was a game which was going to be crucial in the end wash up of results.

Before new manager, Mr Ponting could even find his way to his seat, Province quick Ishmael Nelson had struck, dismissing P Bowler for a golden duck, first ball of the match. Somerset then appeared to take a more cautious approach, however good positive bowling by Nelson and Irani in particular saw the innings gain little momentum. Kalavitigoda, was the only Somerset batsman who was able to make any real counter-attack on the Province bowling, making a quality 40, however it was Nelson 5/67 and Irani 3/25 who stole the show, helping destroy Somerset for 131.

Province knew that they then held this game by the throat, and looked set to set the blow torch on Mr Ponting's boys. However some good bowling from the old grey haired man Mr Andy Caddick, helped contain Province. Rickman was the only batsman who capitalised on his start, making 64 and continuing his wonderful first season. Province were never able to capitalise totally on their first innings bowling performance being bowled out for 287.

With the gate still left open and some harsh words from Mr Ponting, even Slats4ever could hear them in the next room, Somerset were back. At one stage they had got to 2-217 and the game was well and truley even stevens, and with home support Somerset had the upper hand. I Nelson and Roger Telemachus however continued their role as leaders of the bowling pack and destroyed the partnership with 2 quick wickets.
It appeared as if the steam was then taken out of Somerset as the pace trio ripped through them, in an innings which then included 5 ducks. Poor old Somerset and Mr Ponting.

Province only needed 168 to win, however the local crowd were too noisy. With 3 batsman not getting over 15, it was left up to Rabs Llewellyn who did it in style. He put the game beyond doubt with some lusty hitting and clever stroke play, taking 73 off 119 balls, to stamp his impression on new Mr Nelson's big forehead.

Anyways a vital win, the guys can say we did it, and even all the hype about this game, the biggest thing to hit somerset since Caddick, wasn't enough to put the Province boys off.

Well done and lets go for next week.

Game in a minute Once again the starts were the three babies, Rickon, Rabs and Ishy, however a wins a win, no matter who does your work, and we're gonna push for the finals. I wish Mr Ponting every success in his future games

Mr. P

Yeah mate thanks, hopefully next season will be a good one. Where did that 2nd innings collaspe come from though? Pathetic.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Beasley Fires Colts to HUGE win over victoria

After winning the toss we were looking for a big score to assert our authority on the game. this was not to be due to some great bowling by the Bushrangers bowlers. only Beasley (61) and Boucher (82) scored good runs with Singh, Anderson and Klusener providing support with starts. T ahmed was teh pick of the bowlers taking 3/54 and removing the ever dangerour Sharath for a duck. 277 all out, a reasonable score but not quite the level of batting brilliance usually seen from the colts line up.

The Bushrangers innings started well with Arnberger racing to 39 before being decieved by the Shaw Slower ball and holing out to Anderson in the deep. Bradburn Batted solidly for 58 and was supported solidly by Sangakarra who made 35. apart from that the bushrangers batting looked weak with Hoggard taking 5/42 the best bowler. 223 a solid but shallow innings from the boys from victoria

From this point on it was all colts. Shewag and Beasley put on 122 for the first wicket before Shewag edged one to the keeper of the bowling of inness for 67. Beasley powered on to make a brilliant 148 with great support from Sharath (44), Katick (45) and Klusener (52). Innness bowled well cleaning up the tail and taking 5/67. 431 all out looked an impossible task for the Bushrangers, on top or another 50 odd from the 1st innings meaning that they would have to make nearly 500 to win the game.

This was not to be as their innings never took off, all out for 90 -Hoggard taking 3/27 and Beasley 5/19 (including an amazing 2 hit wickets to ed the match)

Colts Manager age_master said after the game "A Great performance by Beasley. it looks as if he hass finally stepped up to the level of cricket required in this division and i hopoe he continues this for the reast of the season. we are now just 5 points behind Canterbury and have our arch rivals Western Province just 9 points behind us, any slip up from any team and their season could be over. the last game of the season between WP and ourselves could well determine the divisional winner. its way to close to pick the winner at the moment, it could be any of the 3 top teams, i just hope its us :)"

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mister Wright said:
Guyana played host to Free state during round eight of the four day competition and with players trying to impress new manager Kyle Wright for next season were comprehensively beaten by a much surperior Free state.
Good to hear that :)

Haven't actually seen the results yet as I've formatted my PC and not re-configured the email yet :saint:

Craig

World Traveller
Belated match report

Leicestershire v Glamorgan.

Glamorgan travelled Leicestershire detirmed to make new manager Craig Walsh a winner in his first game as manager of Glamorgan and it their detirmination proved correct as Glam won by 8 wickets.

Leicestershire batted first, dismissed for 213 with 5 wickets to pace bowler Marlon Black who took 5-49 and Paul Jones taking 4-42. Ricky Ponting top scored for Leicester with 67.

In Glamorgan's first innings, Glam made 315 all out with middle order batsman Marcus Powell with a swash buckling 130 off 163 balls. Upasantha played a great support role with 46. Scott Muller took 5-57 and Brett Swain took 4-68. Glamorgan claimed a cruical 102 run lead.

In their second innings Leicester were dismissed for 298 with Samaraweera making 100 - top scoring for Leicester. This time the wickets were shared around the Glam bowlers.

Needing 199 runs to win, Walsh's Glamorgan did it easily. Dale Hemp when for 12 with the score on 22, but the other Hemp and Adrian Dale putting on a 90 run partnership for the second wicket. O Hemp when for 51, but any hopes of Leicester come back were quickly cruished.

Dale making a century and Ganguly showed a great supporting with 17*. The MOTM was Marcus Powell.

After the match manager Craig walsh said: "Well it is a good performance for my debut game and I was satisfied wit the result, but we can improve. Credit must go to Powell, Dale and Black for their good performances".

"However, we conceded a whopping 36 extra's and this is something I will work on".

Link to the scorecard:
Scorecard!

SOURCE: Glamorgan WCC