• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Argonaut salary method

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I have given thought to the matter of introducing a salary system to this comp. I think a small majority want to introduce something like this to the comp but only if it is simple. Some of the systems discussed so far have been too complicated and would involve more on line time to make them work effectively. The managers who are not in favour cite limited time on the net as reasons for keeping things as they are. I think my system keeps some of the current format and combines it with a salary system. Here it goes.

1. End of season
2. Averages are adjusted.
3. Salaries are assigned to players based on these adjusted averages. Batting and bowling salaries for one day and four day stats are assigned then combined to make a final amount. Strong all rounders will attract the highest salary.

This step will take the most time. I would like to use a formula for working this out and the final results would be checked by board members before being ratified.

4. The salary cap for all teams will be even for the first season.
5. Trade period (as per normal). Swaps can occur and money could change hands, eg. Hayden for Martyn + $10 000. Qld would get $10 000 extra to spend and WA $10 000 less.
6. Managers keep 10 players (or 11 or 12 if keeping rookies) just like normal.
7. The remaining money is spent on 6 players in the normal draft situation. Rounds 5 and 6 will be very interesting if players have over spent in the lead up.
8. Trade period (as per normal).

For future seasons money that can be spent on salaries will be comprised of base amount (80-90% of initial salary amount), win bonuses, fines for poor submission and left over money from last season. The players' salaries would be reviewed in line with the averages at the end of each season. Averages go up, salary goes up.

It is now for you to comment. This system should not require managers to log on for any extra time if they don't want to. Players cannot be sold out from under you without you knowing about it. It keeps part of the simple system that currently exists. Salaries will be calculated based on a formula that is released to the managers before hand making it transparent and therefore not up to the subjectivity of any one person. This system can be refined based on others opinions.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i love it except for 2 things

salary cap should be higher, at least for the first season for the higher divisions, what happens after that can be discussed later, but if the higer divisions dont have at least a little more money at least the start it is simply ruins all the teams which have taken a long time to build up through drafts and trades

also, younger and less experienced players should also be less expensive to have in your team

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
does that mean that i have to boot people from my team if im over a certain amount??
That may be the case. Managers will have to be responsible with the money they've got. Rounds 5 and 6 of the draft could be tricky with not much money left to spend. Initial selections may be blocked due to insufficient funds. For example if you have $20 000 to spend with one draft round remaining and your top pick is $30 000, you won't get that player. You will get the next in line player that you can afford.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I like this idea and seems pretty easy, we'll just have to wait and see what the general response is...

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
i think this was the obvious thing to come out of the complex version that everyone else was talking about... it is so much better and it evens everyone out.

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
Great Idea I would say.I havent found any loop holes in it as yet except that if theres not enuff money to spend in round 5 and 6 then could we just cancel the teams 1st pick?

As for the calculation of player wages I think tht could be implemented in the Sim in some way.
I think this topic should go 4 a poll......and Yes my vote woud be an emphatic YES! :D :D :D

Sriram

nibbs

International Captain
Personally, I like the current system. Why change it? This way is bound to find a way of becoming confusing and complex. I what if 'Rounds 5 and 6 will be very interesting if players have over spent in the lead up'? What would happen in this case???

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
perhaps they would have their first pick cancelled and they would get the lowest paid person in the draft instead

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
an idea for how teams get money (example - dont complain about the numbers i haven't even thought about what i think the actual numbers should look like)
they get money for each division they play in, say its 500k for div 5 and 900k for div 1 (OD and 4d) so a team in div 1 4d and div 5 OD will get 1.4 million and a team who was in Div 1 for both would get 1.8 million.

i would also gove bonuses for Match report writing and division winning and fines for non submission, however these would only last on the budhget for the next season, after which you would go bakc to your standard budget.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
I think its a great idea and would take WCCC to a whole new dimension.It should be introduced.

But only one thing i want to add is there should be some prize money for the Divisions winners in both 4d and od and also in VB Cup.If this is not done then the question for what we are winning will be raised.4D winners get more than the OD winners of their respective divisions.And also Division 1 winner gets more than Division 2 and so on.There should be some advantage for the teams winning in their respective divisions.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this seems to be the best idea atm. You have to remember wcc is about fairness, all the teams are supposed to be equal one day.
thats why lower teams get to go first in the draft. so it will be totally against the point for higher teams to have more money than lower teams.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmmm well I suppose it's better than the other ones, but I'm still not in favour of it. Why change a system that works for something that will require more work with not much gain?

Eclipse

International Debutant
Rik said:
Hmmmm well I suppose it's better than the other ones, but I'm still not in favour of it. Why change a system that works for something that will require more work with not much gain?
I reckon it would add some more exitment to trading and unless it is going be to complicated then I see no reason why it should not be introduced.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Could we take experience and team of origin into account?What I am saying is,this would let lower divisions afford high quality rookies for a reasonable amount of time.But you argue that inexperienced players are the one that perform the best.So for this I suggest that a Division 1 rookie cost more than a Division 5 rookie.

Also I dont like the fact that wage budget of all divisions are equal.In order to give the system a fair trial,we can give all teams an equal amount of time but grade the sponsors.So if all teams have a million to spend with a wage budget of 900K for division 1 teams and 500K for Division 5 teams,with no restrictions on quality of players hireable,at the end of the season we would have Division 1 teams with a Million in their bank balance whereas Division 5 teams would have 600 K or so.Divisions really should be graded IMO but I suggest this only and only because we want a fair trial of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.