• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Class Round 5 Results & Match Reports

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good job by everyone this week to submit your teams. Remember the final round of the group stages of the Twenty20 competition is this Friday, a number of teams still havent submitted yet.
Next Wednesday will be the final round of the year, we will be taking a break for a couple of weeks after that. Keep an eye on the forum over this time.

Division 1

Attachments

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
I am impressed with a first class win. Also some good captaincy from White, with the declaration and backing Madugalle to bowl us to victory.

Some great batting from Tim Ambrose could not save Karachi, and our batting order looked strong, even with Hodge.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Finally we live up to our potential in FC. May have to rethink the bowling attack though, Clarke not getting enough overs.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Very happy with the teams showing. Really a make or break game for us to stay in contention and we were able to bring home the bikkies lifting us up to 4th on the table.

It was a crucial toss to win as the pitches in Adelaide are always very good to bat on and Mark and Nugget went about their jobs very professionally. After a start like that we were a long way in front and were able to dictate.

Nigel Tahir and Farkin Akram were able to extract enough from the pitch and got the rewards and I felt the other bowlers also bowled well to support the two tear aways. Some poor batting from the RedBacks cost them though and I want to enforce to the bowlers that this is only the beginning and we must build on this!

We've now played ourselves back into a position where we can contemplate promotion and the boys are very excited

Simon

COBRAS STAY SECOND AFTER IMPORTANT WIN

Post match press conference from Cape Cobras, in attendance were coach Simon Fizsimmons and batsman Richard Levi.

Journalist: Well done on the win you must be happy with how things are shaping up?
Simon Fitzsimmons: Yeh we are glad to have won the match and secured the 10 points, we would have liked some more bonus points but we got the main ones on offer.

Journalist: That means you were not satisfied with the batting?
Simon Fitzsimmons: It was our poorest first innings showing this season, I'm not that worried as we have proven ourselves to be the strongest batting line up in WCC, runs will come.

Journalist: What impressed you most about the win?
Simon Fitzsimmons: The bowling was fantastic, Yannick Porter returned to first team action with 9 wonderful wickets, it was a great effort by him. William Fitzstanford continues to impress and of course young Richard Levi here is proving himself one of the best batsmen in the world right now.

Journalist: Richard, two great knocks from you, how do you rate your overall form this season?
Richard Levi: It has been a bit patchy but I'm enjoying my cricket, the runs will come as we saw in this match if I stay confident. Ideally I'd like to score a century every time I bat but its just not possible.

Journalist: Thats four wins in a row, what is the mood like in the camp?
Richard Levi: We are confident, obviously failing to win our first 5 games of the season was disapointing, but the last two First Class and two One Dayers have shown our capabilities, we know that its going to take a good side to beat us when we are in top form.

Journalist: Kandurata had a massive win against South Zone India, where do you think you sit compared to them?
Simon Fitzsimmons: They are a classy team, they have depth in the batting line up and their bowlers are without question the best in WCC. We know we will be in for a tough battle when we play them after Christmas. It's again looking likely to come down to between the two of us for the title so it will be a vital match.

Journalist: We are now halfway through the season, has the club started planning for what might be to come in season 3?
Simon Fitzsimmons: We are always looking to impress, Matthew Wade has been in good touch at the academy so a strong finish to the season for him will put him in a good position for next season. We have a well balanced side now, but anything can happen with long term injuries as well as retirements. Sometime in January the backroom staff will sit down and perhaps come up with some transfer targets.

Journalist: Your First Class performances are well know Richard, but how much work are you putting in to make the one day side?
Richard Levi: I'd love to be playing one day cricket reguarly, I've had a couple of matches batting in the lower order, hopefully I can do enough in the chances I get to have a crack a bit higher up the team list.

Journalist: Finally for you Richard, what can we expect from Cobras for the rest of the season?
Richard Levi: Hopefully a lot more wins! We are focussing on First Class cricket at the moment, but our recent one day wins has moved us up the table, if we were to gain promotion that would be great but there is a long way to go. Also the Twenty20 competition is still alive for us, hopefully we can qualify for the quarter finals.

Journalist: Just on that Twenty20 match this Friday Simon what sort of line up are we looking at for this game?
Simon Fitzsimmons: It's business as usual, we want to win ths tournament and I believe we can. We'll be looking for a strong start by Allen and Smith and hopefully the bowlers do their job too.

Journalist: Again well done on the win today and good luck for Friday and the rest of the season.
Simon Fitzsimmons: Thank You.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Completely and absolutely thrilled with that! The batting has been sharp all season, but that's an incredible effort by the boys there. And the bowling did well enough to avoid a draw, which has not often been the case with Kent.