• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Academy Teams

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Here are the academy teams.

Academy A

T Rowell (Warw), Y Hills (Guy), A McGrath, W Jefferson, S Marsh, C Adams, D Arendse, N Kumble (TN), N Liddell (ND), N Aiyappa, R Logan, S Doull, G Andrew, H Nelson (Cant), B English (Tas), S Malik (Shoaib)

Academy B

F Funston (WP), L Owen (ACT), L Wilkinson, J Gallian, C Bassano, R Sarwan, K Semple, H Venkatravaghan (Karn), U Jenkins (Leic), Z Khan, S Tait, R Sidebottom, A Mishra, Q Carver (Vic), H Kelly (Cant), M Odumbe

Academy C

N Adam (SA), R Piggott (Leic), S Carlisle, R Shah, D Chougale, N Horsley, A Wright, N Stock (NSW), F Skillbeck (Auck), B Phillips, C Collymore, P Trego, D Mohammed, S Borde (Karn), Q Aylott (Kent), B Young

Academy D

Z Kaye (Tas), J Arlott (Free), A Singh, P Worthington, E Joyce, C Perren, C Davies, H Bradley (Mash), O Bird (Jam), J Lewry, M Clark, R Munnik, C Obuya, V Harker (Surr), O Crowe (York), T Samaraweera

Academy E

C Donald (WA), J Beasley (Qld), M Middleton (Kara), M Beerala, A Chopra, M Kaif, H Bashar, W Roth (NSW), H Tennison (Kara), L Conran (Surr), M Sharif, S Brant, T Nawab, C Nevin, M North, S Tikolo

Academy F

S Weir (York), V Turpin (Som), Y Wilkinson (Hamp), J Lewis, M van Jaarsveld, D Paynter, D Sales, Z Endean (WP), K Ritchie (Hamp), K Dean, M Pascoe, G Chapple, P Wickaramasinghe, C Baugh, Y Porter (Free), R Clarke

Academy G

S Stanton (Vic), I Grant (Kent), J Currymuncher (Mumb), T Ward, G Gambhir, A Habib, S Somasunder, A Harker (Worc), E Moon (Worc), M Sami, L Milne, C Willoughby, W Singh, T Ambrose, U Parker (Glam), P Weekes

Academy H

H Pears (Som), Y Tully (Qld), K Megson (Warw), C Rogers, A Rayadu, J Smith, U Afzaal, R Yashpal (TN), K Weekes (ND), A Salvi, C Martin, V Prasad, I Salisbury, C Read, Z Ardley (Jam), P Collingwood

Academy I

S Liyanage (Colts), I Guneratne (Colts), U Melly (Glam), B Thakkar, N Shetty, K Pieterson, I Sutcliffe, V Mooney (Lanc), L Bradley (SA), M Cleary, D Brignull, A Mullally, K Prasanna, Q Remmington, R Briers (Auck), J Oram

Academy J

R Kripal (Mumb), R Dicks (Mash), U Haylett (WA), A Strauss, R Montgomerie, D Mongia, J Beukes, A Wallis (ACT), S Moore (Lanc), D Fernando, A Nehra, D Nash, J Davison, P Patel, V Adamson (Guy), T Odoyo

As you can see there is a lot of new blood there. I will only change squads if managers want to with hold rookies or if I've included someone already in the existing teams.

All the rookies are included at the moment. From what I've read from other threads only S Stanton (Vic) and R Kripal (Mumb) will be replaced with other academy players. Can these managers confirm that they want to keep these players or if any other manager wants to keep a player in their own squad let me know.

Do people want to see scorecards or just averages. I think most people will only want to see the averages. I can post a short break down of the scorecard to make it simple ( the usual top scores and good figures). I will look to start running some time next week.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sarwan is in Academy B, i believe he already plays for either Jamaica or Guyana, i cant remember.
If its a differrent R Sarwan then im sorry for wasting time.

nibbs

International Captain
The G Chapple in Academy F is already in the game. I had him my Warwickshire side last season. he got released and was not picked up by another team, (of coarse this might be another G Chapple).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
With regards Chapple, I would've thought he's in there as he wasn't picked up the draft.

As for the stats of all the players, has already stated that nobody but the Argonaut will have the Academy files, and no-one will know the stats until the end of the series.

I think a short card like you suggested is best Arg!

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
With regards Chapple, I would've thought he's in there as he wasn't picked up the draft.
I thought the Academy was for rookies?

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
As for the stats of all the players, has already stated that nobody but the Argonaut will have the Academy files, and no-one will know the stats until the end of the series.

I think a short card like you suggested is best Arg!
I am not asking for the vc stats.the stats as the squad profiles of the teams.In which we know the original avg of a player after the adjustment by vc.

I am talking about the stats which is given out for the rookie players.I think that stat should be given out atleast.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But why do you need them?

A lot of them are available, you just need to search for them yourself.

Rich2001

International Captain
aditya said:
I am not asking for the vc stats.the stats as the squad profiles of the teams.In which we know the original avg of a player after the adjustment by vc.

I am talking about the stats which is given out for the rookie players.I think that stat should be given out atleast.
It's a waste of time you having them anyway as the stats will be updated again before you see them at the draft period. And you will see who's good then the teams play, it's a nice change that people will have to go on form rather than just pick the players with the best stats.

Rich2001

International Captain
nibblet said:
How do you update their stats?
Well Blewy sees who Kent signs and then puts their avg up by about 20, anyone else loses 20... Simple :saint:

No really it's the same as real life, as they play their figures update depending on how they play, eg matches - runs etc

If a guy avg 35 and in the Academy only avg 25, his overall avg will drop, if he has a avg of 40 the overall avg will rise.

nibbs

International Captain
Rich2001 said:

If a guy avg 35 and in the Academy only avg 25, his overall avg will drop, if he has a avg of 40 the overall avg will rise.
ok. I'm just curious, because with the rookies you aren't given any precise stats. eg 400 runs @ 40. All you are given is the average and some bowling stats. Is there a technique you have worked out? I would reall like to find out...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If all the secrets were revealed, then where would the fun in playing be?

I think it's better to leave it to GB and let him follow the rules he's always used.

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
If all the secrets were revealed, then where would the fun in playing be?

I think it's better to leave it to GB and let him follow the rules he's always used.
no worries....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Jason i have sent you the list of Rookies minus the three players who will be staying with their sides...