• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 Rookies...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well People here they are...

The rookies for your team for this season...

Stay tuned as their may be some big developments in the next few hours in regards to this years rookie system.....

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy said:
Stay tuned as their may be some big developments in the next few hours in regards to this years rookie system.....
Well the Kent Youth director will be sacked after 3 out of the 4 players over the past two seasons haven't been that great, saying that I will be very happy if the rest argee on the idea, as one of the players are right on the boarder line, if I was to make the cut now.

nibbs

International Captain
Paid The Umpire said:
god save the WCC, because nothing is going to save ND.
amen.

Warwickshire like the looks of one of our rookies, who appears to know how to bat. The other rookie, well, he can look foward to the draft. So we are generally happy to have another good batsmen to add to the mix.

I am concerned with one of Mumbai's rookies however. I mean, what kind of name is J.Currymuncher?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
just what i needed another 1d bat averging 50 :D with a 4d average of 45

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Surrey welcome Lester Conran and Venkatapathy Harker to the squad, and wish them all the luck for the future (although it's unlikely that future will be at the Oval)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
nsw not happy

nsw manager bugs malone not happy with the rookie system that his junior development coach has created and will be in the hunt for a new youth development officer in the next coming weeks.

deckard

U19 Captain
Lets hope these major developments that could happen are that we get a new set of rookies. Nelson might prove a useful backup keeper, but Kelly should start looking for a new club....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yannick Porter will not play any one-day games but will be a crucial fast bowling all-rounder in the four-day matches.

John Arlott (!) will provide much needed quality in the Free State batting line-up.

Can these guys play from hereon in?

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Yannick Porter will not play any one-day games but will be a crucial fast bowling all-rounder in the four-day matches.

John Arlott (!) will provide much needed quality in the Free State batting line-up.

Can these guys play from hereon in?
Nope, as from next season :cool2:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ryan Dicks will probably be released, we have enough batsmen averaging 30odd in 4D, a OD average of 30 is useful but not amazing.

Hugh Bradley will be a fantastic young player, OD strike rate of 35 and econ of 50, 4D strike rate of 45 and econ of 39 8D 8D 8D 8D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok A proposal was put forward to the board by myself and a vote was cast...

The proposal was to allow managers an option of what they want to do with their rookies seeing as though you don't really get to see how they perform until your new season...

So here is what was proposed...

A Manager has the option of doing either 1 or the other with their rookies....

1/ Allow managers to send thier rookie to the Academy series to see how they go, The player/s will be put into the Academy squads and see how they fare against other players week in week out....
If they do this then the player cannot play in any games for the club during the season... However when the season is over they will go back to the club before the draft..

2/ Keep player at the club and allow them to play in VB Cup and friendlies... This would limit the players as to how many games they can play as friendlies would not be held often.... With this option you would only be allowed to play friendlies after your team has been eliminated from the VB Cup and you will only be allowed to play them during the VB Cup Rounds, There will be no handng out of the players stats until the new season so don't even ask....

You May decide to keep 1 player and send the other to the Academy its totally up to you, but once your decision is made you will not get your player back until after the season...

So I will need to get a response from you all as to what you would like to do with your players....
The sooner this gets done the sooner the Academy series gets up and running...