• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best win of the season

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what was your teams best win of the season?
as worcs manager mine was the 4 day win against victoria the week after the "wooden cup" win. that was the only match this season i can say my team completely out played the opposition.

deckard

U19 Captain
Mine would be Canterbury's first four day match of the season, where we beat Colts after being forced to follow on.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
The 2nd 4d match which was against Colts was my best win.And I have to mention the Vb Cut 1/4th final match against Mumbai also.After getting allout for just 111 I bundled them out for just 82.The best thing was getting Trend Darden out for a duck.

Rich2001

International Captain
Wow that's a tough question....

But I would be stupid not to say the Kent v Surrey match last week, afterall it did get me promotion.

Four Day wise, I think the win over Worcs rates highly, it's about the only game so far this season that all my players hit form on the same week, batting first we hit 650+ Dec - with lots of 50's and a couple of 100's... then the bowling lineup just ran through the 20 wickets in no time and ended up winning by some stupid amount about an inngs and 350 odd runs

Simon

Rich2001 said:
Wow that's a tough question....

But I would be stupid not to say the Kent v Surrey match last week, afterall it did get me promotion.

Four Day wise, I think the win over Worcs rates highly, it's about the only game so far this season that all my players hit form on the same week, batting first we hit 650+ Dec - with lots of 50's and a couple of 100's... then the bowling lineup just ran through the 20 wickets in no time and ended up winning by some stupid amount about an inngs and 350 odd runs
good on you rich, now you made me cry :(

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
The 1 day win over Canterbury
Due to NRR we needed to knock them over comprehensively and then hope that Tas lost. Both things eventuated and it was sooo good to see Smith and Kallis combine like they did

nibbs

International Captain
I enjoyed thrashing ND twice over the season. In the one day game we bundled them for 82, and won easy. We also beat them by an innings in four day cricket. In the VB Cup first round, my last pair put on 40 odd to see me through to the second round. And my only other victory of the season occured when we restricted Glamorgan to 199 after making 229.

We came close to a couple of big upsets, and we recieved some hidings. All in I don't care, of these defeats, however I'm expecting big things next season from my newbies boys.

Simon

i was going to laugh at you because your best wins of the season were against ND, but i recall i think i lost to ND, so i wont be making that comment

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
my best game where whenever Hampshire played kent

The opposition team always played with great respect and well and gave a good challenge and whenever we travelled to kent we were treated well by fans and it was almost like our second home

Rich can u just check up on the games played between us and how many did i and u win when we played each other