• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Date...

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Could someone please give me the date for the start of the draft?

I have an Umpire's course starting on the 6th of February and may be out of touch for up to five weeks. I don't want to miss the draft and would like to get my deals and picks sorted out as soon as possible....

Thanks in advance...

Eyes..

Rich2001

International Captain
age_master said:
are we having an all star series this season so div 3 can crush everyone
HAHA right age if you say so....... Div 2 all the way home at a canter

Anyway, at present I will be running an All-Star series (both OD and FD)

However If anyone has any suggestions to other ideas that they might like to be run along with the All-Star series then please feel free to let me know.

Graham

3rd Umpire
I think that one manager from each division should be chosen from those expressing interest to exclusively select their allstar squad and select the team for each game.
I would like to express my interest in the Division 1 job!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
COME ON DIVISION 3. I feel Agemaster should be given the job if he chooses to express interest, as he has built probably the strongest div 3 side.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
perhaps 1 managerD and another for 4 dayers in each division, perhaps Aditya for 4 dayers and Myself for OD games?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Perhaps the board could discuss it and work it out?

My view is last year worked well with squads selected by the managers in each division and then one person appointed to manage each division's squad.

That person should ideally have been in the division for the WHOLE season.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
That person should ideally have been in the division for the WHOLE season.
I would have to agree on that comment, last season we did it as a random draw, so possibly could do that again However one thing I will make sure is that the managers chosen need to be quite regular on the forum, last season the Div 2 manager never even turned up.

Also remember that this comp (All-Star) is where the elite get to show case their ablity and the managers get the chance to take the spotlight for a job well done in the WCC season. Last season nobody really took any intrest in it and as a result passed by with little notice, lets build it up and get the div rivalies going :baddevil: :baddevil: on that comment I will state that Div 2 will anilalate you all and don't worry about turning up, it will be easier.............

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not a hope of Div 3 beating Div 2 - will speak to you about this at some point soon Rich... Couple of ideas going on.

Graham

3rd Umpire
In hindsight I don't think that trading should have been opened until Round 6 in both FC and OD had finished.
I also agree that a different manager should be in charge of the FC and OD teams for each division in the allstar series.
I too would not be unhappy to forget an allstar series and get straight into the next season, but if you must have an allstar series, please make it quick and painless!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Not a hope of Div 3 beating Div 2 - will speak to you about this at some point soon Rich... Couple of ideas going on.

yeah right, you saw what Sharath did to div 2 last season :)

i think the all star series should be run just before the draft not during

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i would like to see an all star series of some sort, although with 3 teams we are going to have more matches in it than is desirable.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
as i was last years div 1 all star manager and a successful one at that i would like to put my hand up for the job this year if needed.

div 1 all the way:P

Last edited: