• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 1 analysis.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Looking at possible lineups for both FC and OD games and taking into account both players stats and actual performance levels, here is my assessment:

FC
Lancashire, WA and QLD to fight it out for the title.
Mumbai and SA midtable positions likely.
TN, Yorkshire and NSW struggling to avoid the drop.

OD
Lancashire, SA and NSW fighting it out for the title.
Yorkshire and WA midtable.
QLD, Mumbai and TN struggling to avoid the drop.

Why not post your predictions also?
I'll look closely at Division 2 and Division 3 over the next few days.:cool2:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nsw, wa, sa and qld will be up there in both comps, but i dont care cause im in div 2 :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
What can i say but Div 1 is an Australian Powerhouses with the strong Indian sides , Div 2 Belongs to England! Div 3 belongs to the no namers :P:D :lol: :lol:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think that SA will do very very well in both forms having a strong side before trading and the draft and picking up players like Stratton, Jones and Laxman, Watson, Bond and rose

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Its actually strange that u say that Graham cause i honestly thought i would be useless in OD and great in 4D...

Time will tell..

Simon

looks like people are giving your south australians more of a hope than your tigers gb.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I dont think W.A has that good a o.d lineup , it has big names and all ....

Lol Tigers will go down at the end?

Dragons will make the top 8 i think they will end up being 8th position

Simon

its going to be a raiders v broncos grand final......
if only in real life.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
I think without doubt that SA will top divison 1 this time around.They have players like stratton and watson who have good batting avgs and their bowling sr is also very good.In one day i dont think they will do well.

After SA i think it will be between Mumbai and Lanc.QLD and WA will also be in contention.But WA are short of a quality bowler.

I think the team which will perform least will be TN.Jaganjai left and they got all random picks.And they traded their best batsmen.Due to the batsman only they got promoted to the first div.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
good to c everyone knocking nsw

i like it. best attack in the comp and some great bats but hey i will be happy to be outside favourites for both fc and od.

:lol:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think its strange that a few people have discounted NSW and QLD...
They were the most dominant sides in the comp last season and look to have only got stronger...
Yeah some teams look to have caught up a bit but i wouldn't write either of them of yet...

:ticking::ticking::ticking::ticking:

Marcs

Cricket Spectator
yep i suck, well - not my fault - will have to try to do some good trades but if not than i will be dropping to div 2 fast - my team currently stand no chance against some of these teams:(:(:(

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Nice to see graham isnt bias or anything he has put lancashire up there in both forms of the game.

HA

No one gives yorkshire a chance nice to know:lol:

Graham

3rd Umpire
No bias m8 - all done taking the middle road between expected performances and actual performances.
If Lancashire don't perform I'll be the first to eat humble pie!8D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Lancs are a dangerous outfit, They have traded well and im sure Graham will have them primed and ready for the 1st round of the season...

Graham

3rd Umpire
Time will tell if my theory is correct or not about last season's performances counting more than team page stats. If I'm horribly wrong then Lancashire might not be the threat I'm hoping they'll be. The worst scenario for me will be if some who overperformed in the first season underperform in the coming season so that their averages fall back roughly into line with team page stats!:rolleyes:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
excuse me where's Auckland, we're known as evil :ninja:.
Nah but in all seriousness i'm going for NSW. if NSW wants to I will be there friend and if they get close give them all my best players when the finals come around. NSW I love you