• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 1 analysis.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
hey graham,

just asking why do u think nsw will go so terrrible in season 2

just asking, interested to hear your opinions

Graham

3rd Umpire
NSW's bowling attack proved awesome in the OD competition, but not so good in the 6 FC games played. That in conjunction with a batting lineup that is not up to the same standard as many opposition teams will probably make life rather difficult. But as I said, I met somewhere in the middle ground between players expected performances (based on team page stats) and actual performances.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Lancashire's likely FC lineup (dependent upon pitch conditions of course) might be:

A.Schiller, M.Ramprakash, R.Dravid(wk), K.Baumgarner, J.Modanagopal, M.Beerala, D.Marsh, C.Schofield, M.Pushpakumara, A.Dale, M.Smethurst.

Depending on pitch conditions, other bowlers likely to be used are P.Mhambrey, D.Ganesh and R.Munnik.
Also, as D.Marsh is likely to be leaving the club, either A.Barnes or MC Mendis will likely take his place in the batting lineup (once again dependent on pitch conditions).

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
Pity Mumbai arent being given much of a chance in both the forms of the competition.Maybe because Im the layman who does less of analysing and more of stat comparison.
Heres my likely FC squad with the avgs :

Name bat av...bowl sr
T Darden 57
S Sriram 52
S Tendulkar 53
V Kambli 52
A Muzumdar 49
J Paranjpe 44
R Powar 36..60
C Cairns 36..52
D Hettiarachhi 5..47
MJ Sigera 5....47
W Younis 5....41

I think atleast according to the stats Mumbai should be placed 3-4 in the table.

My prediction is sa for the fc comp.The OD will be much closer and I cant think who would win the 1 day comp most of the teams look equally good (Mumbai included :))

Sriram

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Wow mumbais 4day squad !!

And that is tipped to be 3rd ?! what in the world ?!!!!

Oh god im lucky im in div 2 , why am i even trying to make my squad stronger...

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
Wow mumbais 4day squad !!

And that is tipped to be 3rd ?! what in the world ?!!!!

Oh god im lucky im in div 2 , why am i even trying to make my squad stronger...
LOL lord i get that feeling to, don't you wish you picked a stronger team from the start and not an English team... oh well it's the fun of the game i guess and one day the English teams will rule WCC (i did say one day, might not be soon but one day)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The Division 1 season, looks extremely strong....

I think the only 2 teams who don't have a reaslistic chance of taking out the title unless they trade well, are Yorkshire and Tamil Nadu...

WA, QLD, NSW, SA, Lancs, and Mumbai all look lethal and have players who can take the game by the scruff of the neck...
I think the two lower teams will dread having to face up against some of these monster teams and they could provide some very one-sided games...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
LOL lord i get that feeling to, don't you wish you picked a stronger team from the start and not an English team... oh well it's the fun of the game i guess and one day the English teams will rule WCC (i did say one day, might not be soon but one day)

Lol please :P when i came the only team left was Hampshire because an annoyed manager left the squad because it was sh*t , not any more :P If i came first i would have chosen someone like NSW or Queensland

Graham

3rd Umpire
Yeah - I also came in to replace someone who'd chosen Lancs and then pulled out. Turned out better than I thought! Still, I needed to actively trade to better the squad as I'd certainly have been relegation favourites in season two if I hadn't!:duh:

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
i was lucky not to get relegated i did good with my batting my batting was ****

now i have a better batting order

Fitzgerald
richardson
mackenzie
tendulkar
cooper
vaughan
blakey
hamilton
white
gough
hoggard

everyone up to 9 has a greater average than 25 in one day and 30 in four day

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I also came in when someone left and got Glamorgan. If I had not been so keen and waited a week I would have got my home state of Queensland.

I'll get more of a challenge with Glamorgan though.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea Hampshire is proving a bit more challenge to me , with a weakened squad im trying to make them better now , getting real good actually