• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Longest Serving Managers for a Club?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Yeah i'm pretty sure Somerset had gone through a fair amount of managers before I came...

Ive been in charge since midway through season 3.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm fairly certain I've been at Auckland longer than any other manager. Considering the age of WCC and the number of seasons I've been around, it would appear so.

Simon

yeh, u took over late season 2, early season 3 wasnt it? i vaugley remember nibbs tossing up with the idea of taking them when they became vacant. im pretty sure Ian was the manager before u...

Simon

lord_of_darkness said:
has blewy been with SA right from season 1 to 5?
he took over in about round 4 of season 1 and managed through until the end of season 4...

nibbs

International Captain
i joined warwickshire in week 2 of season 2. they were so crappy then. look at us now by god...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
nibbs said:
i joined warwickshire in week 2 of season 2. they were so crappy then. look at us now by god...
Too right.

Remind me what teams who lose to Northern Districts are usually called?

Simon

Samuel_Vimes said:
Too right.

Remind me what teams who lose to Northern Districts are usually called?
monday week they will be called Tamil Nadu :laugh:

Simon

ND are only 14 points from 2nd position in four day cricket and with 2 wins in a row its not an impossible task of gaining promotion if Holland keeps making runs...
ull all see in coming seasons :p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
ND are only 14 points from 2nd position in four day cricket and with 2 wins in a row its not an impossible task of gaining promotion if Holland keeps making runs...
ull all see in coming seasons :p
true. where are you again on the one-day table?? :p

(waiting for the inevitable 'three points below you' comeback)

Simon

andyc said:
true. where are you again on the one-day table?? :p

(waiting for the inevitable 'three points below you' comeback)
we have one more point than we deserve, thats all im saying :p

actually ill add im looking foward to playing you in division 6 next season!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
we have one more point than we deserve, thats all im saying :p

actually ill add im looking foward to playing you in division 6 next season!
LOL ouch!!!!! we've got some talent, just you watch... promotion isn't an impossibility (just bloody unlikely!)
to be honest, i'd be stoked with fourth place, and fifth place would be decent.

Simon

age_master said:
ive been at Colts since they started in WCC, at the start of season 2 i think, or maybe 3.
yeh that was the start of season 2, season three we added ACT, Guyana, Karachi, Mashonaland, Free State and Jamaica...

Cloete

International Captain
I've been in since season 2. I was in at the start with somerset for a very brief reign before coming back in with about 5 games left with Auckland, after that an opening for TN came up and so I've had them since 4 games till the end of season 2 till now...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I managed Surrey for a fair while (3 and half seasons?) before moving upstairs.

Have to say I actually enjoy my new role more.