• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Additional Rookies

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hi all,

In the next couple of days you will receive further information about rookies.

Depending on how much has been spent on youth development, you will be able to keep up to 4 rookies.

If you keep 2 rookies, you can keep 8, 9 or 10 other players (and use your 3rd and 4th draft selections in that order to make numbers 11 and 12)
If you keep 3 rookies, you can keep 8 or 9 players (and use your 3rd and 4th draft selections in that order to make numbers 11 and 12)
If you keep 4 rookies, you can keep 8 or 9 players (and use your 3rd, 4th and 5th draft selections in that order to make numbers 11, 12 and 13)

Any other queries, feel free to ask.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Marc, shouldn't this be:

If you keep 3 rookies, you can keep 8, 9 or 10 players (and use your 3rd, 4th and 5th draft selections in that order to make numbers 11, 12 and 13)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Erm, I thought we'd agreed that keeping 4 was the only way to go to 13?

I'm easy either way though as looking at some of the players produced, it's not likely to make much a of a difference (we have quite possibly the worst players ever in this group - they'd even make Rikki Clarke look like Sobers!)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc, im not quite sure if i understand this, but if i wanted to keep 4 rookies i couldnt keep 6 currents and 4 rookies leaving me with 6 draft picks?

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
does the money we invested in youth development mean our young players will be of a higher standard compared to clubs who invested less?

Simon

Slats4ever said:
does the money we invested in youth development mean our young players will be of a higher standard compared to clubs who invested less?
no, it just means u will get more rookies, enchancing the chance of getting better players...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i understood the financial system, but this is straight over my head. can anyone explain it in simpler(/stupider) terms?

Simon

andyc said:
i understood the financial system, but this is straight over my head. can anyone explain it in simpler(/stupider) terms?
its got to do with the ammount of players in your current squad + rookies u have been allocated u may keep for next season. some will have to be cut before the draft, this kinda explains it, but not fully. in reality theres nothing there you need to worry about for quite a while yet...

andyc

broncoman said:
its got to do with the ammount of players in your current squad + rookies u have been allocated u may keep for next season. some will have to be cut before the draft, this kinda explains it, but not fully. in reality theres nothing there you need to worry about for quite a while yet...
okay... when and what is the draft, exactly. its a trading period, no?

Simon

the draft - its all the academy players (minus the rookies) + some new real players that are scouted + all the players that dont make the final cut for each team. theres generally 400-500 players in there. teams take turns picking a player at each, teams in lower divisions pick before teams in higher divisions. this goes for 6 rounds and then means teams have16 players each again.

andyc

broncoman said:
the draft - its all the academy players (minus the rookies) + some new real players that are scouted + all the players that dont make the final cut for each team. theres generally 400-500 players in there. teams take turns picking a player at each, teams in lower divisions pick before teams in higher divisions. this goes for 6 rounds and then means teams have16 players each again.
alright cool, thanks for that simon. clears a lot up :)

Simon

Jamee999 said:
Can I still get a bunch of sh!t rookies drop them all and keep another 10 from my squad?
yeh, you still have the ability to keep 10 current players and no rookies.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
marc, im not quite sure if i understand this, but if i wanted to keep 4 rookies i couldnt keep 6 currents and 4 rookies leaving me with 6 draft picks?
I dont see a problem with it TBH...

I think we were just using the above as a example of the Maximum allowed...

Simon

Blewy said:
I dont see a problem with it TBH...

I think we were just using the above as a example of the Maximum allowed...
ok, im clear now :)
yes i know, im a drip :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
No, you can't - the minimum that can be retained is 8 from the squad.

And you will only be able to keep 4 rookies if you are told that you can keep 4 (emails being sent later today studying permitting)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
no, it just means u will get more rookies, enchancing the chance of getting better players...
And also, there is now the chance to keep more than the traditional 2 if you've invested enough.

Simon

marc71178 said:
No, you can't - the minimum that can be retained is 8 from the squad.

And you will only be able to keep 4 rookies if you are told that you can keep 4 (emails being sent later today studying permitting)
oh ok, that makes sense too...