• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

:o BIG NEWS DUE!!!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
maybe u should think before you put anything into writing andrew, i know for a fact the rest of the board doesnt look too kindly at these type of comments...
EDIT: screw it, im editing this post because even though I maintain my views, clearly im not going to get anywhere and no one will listen...ill go along with the finance thing...

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it sounds like a really good idea that could work really well, and im all for it, its just that since some members are obviously (and without reason, mind you) not receiving this news warmly, it might be better in future to ask for the general feedback of managers before going ahead with a large change like this

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
andyc said:
it sounds like a really good idea that could work really well, and im all for it, its just that since some members are obviously (and without reason, mind you) not receiving this news warmly, it might be better in future to ask for the general feedback of managers before going ahead with a large change like this
since ur new andy ill let you off the hook...
the issue of finance has come up many times, the only reason it was rejected in the past was because the model that was proposed each time was inadequate. this time there we have something that will work and it will be brought in...
as for feedback, we have a board of 7 people for a reason. we make the tough decisions and make sure we keep the game progressing, in all honesty without any serious changes the game would have died very soon...
and theres your explaination...

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
maybe u should think before you put anything into writing andrew, i know for a fact the rest of the board doesnt look too kindly at these type of comments...
What sort of comments? Yes, there's no denying I was wrong to swear about an injury.. multiple times. Just really annoyign considering some teams have had like 0 injuries ever. But IMO I think thre has to be some controversial comments in the game if that's what you're talking about? What's wrong with rivlary? If that's the sort of thing you mean..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:
What sort of comments? Yes, there's no denying I was wrong to swear about an injury.. multiple times. Just really annoyign considering some teams have had like 0 injuries ever. But IMO I think thre has to be some controversial comments in the game if that's what you're talking about? What's wrong with rivlary? If that's the sort of thing you mean..
There's a difference between controversy & whinging/abuse. I don't think controversy will be looked poorly upon by sponsers, like if a club comes out and says that so-and-so team has no chance, sponsors want confident clubs and managers. However, there is a difference when a team/manager is constantly whining about injuries or poor rookies or other things and even worse when the abuse is targeted towards an association or particular managers.

Cloete

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
There's a difference between controversy & whinging/abuse. I don't think controversy will be looked poorly upon by sponsers, like if a club comes out and says that so-and-so team has no chance, sponsors want confident clubs and managers. However, there is a difference when a team/manager is constantly whining about injuries or poor rookies or other things and even worse when the abuse is targeted towards an association or particular managers.
Yes that's what I was checking up on.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Cloete said:
I'm currently over .05 so what i say has no bearing on me as a person or a prostitute.

I vote for andrew to be voted off the island and sent back to QLD where he can sip tandoori and eat beer. I think that andrew should be 750k in injuries and still be given injuries. that would be very funny. I'm sorry for disgracing myself i really am but i'm drunk. peach out you hear me peache out

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
andyc said:
To be fair, managers have been asking for this since about Season 2 and we thought it would be too hard to run back then, even with a handful of teams.

We now have 36 teams, but I think it's manageable - so far we've had a couple of complaints, and some of that doesn't seem to be due to the actual system anyway.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
What sort of comments? Yes, there's no denying I was wrong to swear about an injury.. multiple times. Just really annoyign considering some teams have had like 0 injuries ever.
Well, you now have a way of influencing it - get a decent physio!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Slats4ever said:
I'm currently over .05 so what i say has no bearing on me as a person or a prostitute.

I vote for andrew to be voted off the island and sent back to QLD where he can sip tandoori and eat beer. I think that andrew should be 750k in injuries and still be given injuries. that would be very funny. I'm sorry for disgracing myself i really am but i'm drunk. peach out you hear me peache out
What the hell is this..? :blink:

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Well, you now have a way of influencing it - get a decent physio!
No, I'd rather not pay the money then complain it's too much to pay when I get tons of injuries and blame you marc :p

Nah like I said in the staff forum, I love being able to employ a physio :D

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
No, I'd rather not pay the money then complain it's too much to pay when I get tons of injuries and blame you marc :p

Nah like I said in the staff forum, I love being able to employ a physio :D
and a really hot one :)