• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
My only problem with T20 is that you can't really say one team is better than the other based upon these matches. Can anyone honestly say that India are better than Pakistan based on them winning tonight? I certainly can't, they were dead even tonight. Same goes for a lot of other matches in this series. Are India a better side than South Africa? Not in my books...

It kind of takes away bragging rights, as the winning team won't always be the best one...see what I'm getting at?
No, because South Africa were the better side in a certain world cup, yet they lost to Australia. That's part of the game. India are better than South Africa because they were better that day. It's really that simple.

R_D

International Debutant
What an awesome game.
Unbeleivable finish to the tournament, ICC must be very happy right now.

Congrats to Indian team and all the fans.

R_D

International Debutant
Oh so thats whats happened to him ? I was wondering why he is nowhere around :)
He has school so missed the game... he's going to watch the tape of it.
It be funny if he turened off the tv after seeing pakistan only need 6 to win of 4.
He might've written india off like SS.

Man i love it SS... how you keep Jinxing the opposition.. keeep it up man :D

Dissector

International Debutant
No, because South Africa were the better side in a certain world cup, yet they lost to Australia. That's part of the game. India are better than South Africa because they were better that day. It's really that simple.
Indeed. In fact you can argue that every single world cup from 1983 to 1999 was one by a team which wasn't the best in the world.

For that matter the 2001 and 2005 test series wins by India and England didn't make them better than Australia.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Ok guys, just changed my avatar to the champion team India which won the 2020 trophy.This will be my avatar till india win next major test series or world cup oneday series.
Congrats team India on winning the cup.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Ok guys, just changed my avatar to the champion team India which won the 2020 trophy.This will be my avatar till india win next major test series or world cup oneday series.
Congrats team India on winning the cup.
and u call urself neutral guy lol fair enough

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
and u call urself neutral guy lol fair enough
Why not. I can keep my name anything. Team india is the one i support. How does name has got to do anything with what team u support.

Like you being an afghan but still supporting pakistan and srilanka , as much as u hate india.I dont have any problems with that.

Why are u so hung up on it.get over it dude.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Why not. I can keep my name anything. Team india is the one i support. How does name has got to do anything with what team u support.

Like you being an afghan but still supporting pakistan and srilanka , as much as u hate india.I dont have any problems with that.

Why are u so hung up on it.get over it dude.
dude u r contridicting urself here... i support pak and SL.. i don't call my self neutral while u support india and be baise about it and then call ur self neutral... i don't have any problem with u but it seams pretty wrong... it is ur name u can put it anything that u want... why would i have problem with it

like perm called shah rukh khan young and healthy michal jackson i wont be that rude to call u anything else but ur name lol

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
dude u r contridicting urself here... i support pak and SL.. i don't call my self neutral while u support india and be baise about it and then call ur self neutral... i don't have any problem with u but it seams pretty wrong... it is ur name u can put it anything that u want... why would i have problem with it

like perm called shah rukh khan young and healthy michal jackson i wont be that rude to call u anything else but ur name lol
get over it buddy. I like my name and pretty happy about it.I know you are frustrated and have dont have anything else to say because pakistan lost.
I pity you, but India were just better today.

Beleg

International Regular
Umm, no. India were not a 'better' team today unless winning something automatically accords somebody a better status.

And no, I wouldn't have said Pakistan were better either if we had won.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
England were the better team in Ashes 2005 regardless of Australia 'actually' being the overall better team. Australia were the better team in 1999 WC regardless of South Africa being 'actually' the better team.

Welcome to sports, hope you enjoy your stay.

sideshowtim

Banned
Umm, no. India were not a 'better' team today unless winning something automatically accords somebody a better status.

And no, I wouldn't have said Pakistan were better either if we had won.
Yeah, this is what I meant. Even if Pakistan had won off that Misbah shot, it was still a dead even game for mine. As you said, winning a game doesn't automatically accord one better status.

In my books, I couldn't split India and Pakistan tonight.

Nishant

International 12th Man
WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! I was thinking to myself at the interval: we have never lost to Pakistan in a WC...why should it all start now? And i was right...india is developing well as a side...i am a lot more optimistic abt the future of indian ODI cricket. Tests are completely different in terms of skills required etc...but really glad that india pulled this off!! Where u at Turb???

CHAK DE INDIA!!!!!!! :cool:

BTW....well played Pakistan...hard luck but u too should be really proud of ur boys...they are true fighters!!!! :)