• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals and Finals

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Okay. Fair enough. But these false delusions of grandeur you're setting for your cricket team may come back and hurt you in the not too distant future. Just a suggestion.

ALL HAIL THE NEW INDIA! WORLD CHAMPIONS AND GREATEST TEAM IN HISTORY!
I know you are frustrated and bitter buddy, like raghav. But what to do? nothing can reverse the loss of australia.there you go.

sideshowtim

Banned
I have to say you're quite an idiot if you can't tell the difference between what "neutralguy" posted and the garbage you've been spewing out in the past 20 minutes or so.
And what about what other people have been saying? Don't I have a right to dispute it?

Saying India are now a completely different side under Dhoni? Saying they no longer wilt under pressure?

I have a problem with these statements! I simply think you can't jump to such conclusions based upon Twenty20 cricket!

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
QUIET! YOU SOUR GRAPES CRYBABY! HOW DARE YOU BE A REALIST AT TIMES LIKE THIS! HOW DARE YOU!
:laugh: :laugh:

Oh dear you've really lost it now haven't you? Now listen to me Mr. Tim, remain calm and in your house. I don't want you to do anything that might hurt you or others near you.

sideshowtim

Banned
I know you are frustrated and bitter buddy, like raghav. But what to do? nothing can reverse the loss of australia.there you go.
Lol. I don't care that Australia lost, it's Twenty20. What's annoying me is the Indians thinking they're the greatest thing in the world all of a sudden. Some of them are going ridiculously overboard with how good they think their team is now, based upon Twenty20's. I just think they're setting themselves up for disappointment when the real stuff comes along.

adharcric

International Coach
sideshowtim, I hope you read my post before I deleted it. Truly meant it and now it's been confirmed. Well done.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol. I don't care that Australia lost, it's Twenty20. What's annoying me is the Indians thinking they're the greatest thing in the world all of a sudden. Some of them are going ridiculously overboard with how good they think their team is now, based upon Twenty20's. I just think they're setting themselves up for disappointment when the real stuff comes along.
Haha someone calm this idiot down before I die of laughter. Do you have no self respect left. You're being laughed at by everyone.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
And what about what other people have been saying? Don't I have a right to dispute it?

Saying India are now a completely different side under Dhoni? Saying they no longer wilt under pressure?

I have a problem with these statements! I simply think you can't jump to such conclusions based upon Twenty20 cricket!
Honestly!! As I said earlier, almost everyone knows that this one win doesn't mean anything in the long run. But you agree that a win like this against Australia shows signs of improvement even if they are small in nature?

Besides, what the hell is the harm in celebrating a win?!

adharcric

International Coach
sideshowtim said:
Lol. I don't care that Australia lost, it's Twenty20. What's annoying me is the Indians thinking they're the greatest thing in the world all of a sudden.
Quotes?
sideshowtime said:
Some of them are going ridiculously overboard with how good they think their team is now, based upon Twenty20's. I just think they're setting themselves up for disappointment when the real stuff comes along.
Considering India finally beat Australia in a big match (regardless of the format), this is a big step forward. How can you deny that?

sideshowtim

Banned
Honestly!! As I said earlier, almost everyone knows that this one win doesn't mean anything in the long run. But you agree that a win like this against Australia shows signs of improvement even if they are small in nature?

Besides, what the hell is the harm in celebrating a win?!
Signs of improvement? Not really. Yuvraj batted well and Sreesanth bowled well. I already knew both could do that before the game even started. Your running between the wickets was poor today, and your fielding was average. Sreesanth, Yuvraj and some very poor cricket shots by Haddin helped you win the match.

I don't think this match changes anything.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Please read this sideshowtim.

India do not think they are the best in the world. This is the reason they are happy, they have beaten the best in the world in an upset. Teams who win upsets are extremely happy because they have risen to the occasion and fought above their weight so to speak, it is a great achievement.

Not only is it an upset in stature but age and experience too, look at Rohit Sharma, and Joginder Sharma, youngsters, new to the team and they have done this, we are happy for them.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Its amazing how dumb some people can be.

If Australia are the greatest team in the universe ever, aren't those who defeat them supposed to be thrilled about it ?

Amazing. So next time anyone defeats a champion side, say sorry we disturbed you from your pedestal, put on black clothes and go into mourning till you are thrashed once again.

Then and only then is it a time to celeberate and feel good :dry:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Signs of improvement? Not really. Yuvraj batted well and Sreesanth bowled well. I already knew both could do that before the game even started. Your running between the wickets was poor today, and your fielding was average. Sreesanth, Yuvraj and some very poor cricket shots by Haddin helped you win the match.

I don't think this match changes anything.
Right. First of all, stop assuming that anybody who is happy over an Indian win is Indian. Secondly, winning a match against Australia in any format is a huge confidence booster and its something any team can build from.

sideshowtim

Banned
Right. First of all, stop assuming that anybody who is happy over an Indian win is Indian. Secondly, winning a match against Australia in any format is a huge confidence booster and its something any team can build from.
Yeah it probably gives the Indians a confidence boost. I acknowledge that. Does that mean they've improved though? Hell no.

I refuse to believe this win now means Dhoni is a brilliant captain, Indian are brilliant between the wickets and in the field etc etc.

Nishant

International 12th Man
:happy:

To be very honest, for the first time during an India match, I sat in one place biting my nails without saying a word UNTIL the last ball was bowled. Then I let it all out. I blowed the roof off my house, my mom had to calm me down :p. And I enjoyed the moment.

Then when I came on CW, I had nothing left in me to let out.
same here mate!!!! :)

BTW...abt u getting banned 4 letting it all out.....im cool arent i after my outburst!! :unsure: