• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP D - India, Pakistan, Scotland

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
points shared!!!!! OMG....im havin' a dark feeling.....wot if india lose tomm by a large margin....we'll be out again!!! i can see it now; PAK: 176...IND: 95 ao..........:cry:
Lol, chill bro, nothings gonna' happen. We'll breeze past Pakistan, just you wait and see. Pakistan haven't beaten us in a WC match yet, what makes you think tommorow will be any different? ;)

:cool:

Last edited:

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
It's going to be a close encounter if India bats first. If Pakistan bats first I think India will be struggling.
I think if India win the toss, they'll want to bat 2nd so they can play it safe and just score the runs they need to just get through, they probably won't care about winning the match.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Lol, chill bro, nothings gonna' happen. We'll breeze past Pakistan, just you wait and see. Pakistan haven't beaten us in a WC match yet, what makes you think tommorow will be any different? ;)

thanks 4 the optimism.....definitely makes me feel a lot better....i think ill sleep well now!!!!!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator

No way bro! Pakistan are da shiznit. We'll beat them Indian all the way back to New Delhi. LOLz.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Nationalistic jingoism apart, who knows who will win. We'll have to wait and watch. But if India do go out after just one game it wont be a great commentary for this tournament.

When a game ends in just three hours why cant a washed out match be replayed ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
tv stations won't be too happy about it.... they'll have to re-schedule their programmes.
- They do it for other sports.
- If a TV station cant show it a game can still be played. Tv stations wont lose anything they would have earned if the match wasn't replayed at all.

biased indian

International Coach
Nationalistic jingoism apart, who knows who will win. We'll have to wait and watch. But if India do go out after just one game it wont be a great commentary for this tournament.

When a game ends in just three hours why cant a washed out match be replayed ?
and any body watched yesterdays wether forcast it was same for last 3-4 days as far as it was shown chnace of 60% rain in the evening...why in the hell would not they shift it to morning when they know this well in advance or postponed the game to say 15th or 16th..its not that they cannot fill in the game ...wht will happen if ENg -Aus is washed out aus goes out......same may happen to may teams with only 3 temas in a group and one of ur rmatch is wahsed out..

any way i feell good with india's chance any loss less than 50 Rusn will see u through so if we chase we will be having 2 targerts in mind and it should be easier..not that i want us to win..but if we become second and get BAN in our group we will get a chance to get the revenge victory on them :)

biased indian

International Coach
but honestly, the TV stations are more important than the teams and the spectators now?
with ESPN star having the rights and they having # channels of their on i think they wont have any problem even if u have 3 games at a time...any way its only the india game that get the high value Ad's

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Australia's goose is cooked if the match with England is washed out and thats not the way you want it to go.

Imagine if even Pakistan vs Scotland was washed out. Scotland would be through without playing and one of India or Pakistan would be out having played just one (and lost)

chalky

International Debutant
So strange watching an Indian team without Tendulkar, Dravid & Ganguly almoast like watching a different team. It will be interesting to see if the younger batsmen can handle this very good pakistan attack.

chalky

International Debutant
Sehwag goes to a beautiful off cutter, this pitch is not a good one.
The bowling is very good though Asif excellent as usual and it looks like Gul has put on a yard of pace since he was in England last year regularly getting up towards 90mph.