• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GROUP C - New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Kenya

pup11

International Coach
Sri lankans looking really impressive in this series so far, they have got a great balance to their side and even without Murali their side looks pretty impressive, but TBH the black caps have looked pretty average on the field so far.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Next match to drop the seamers and bring in some spinners, should have done it at this stage though where we could gauge its effectiveness without risking getting slaughtered in an elimination match. Taking pace off the ball may be the only way to really fluster teams like Sri Lanka into making mistakes. Patel FTW.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't see the logic of the selection of Martin. How is Franklin an ODI cricketer but not a Twenty20 cricketer, with Martin the reverse? Franklin's batting as a batsman alone would probably add more to the team than Martin's bowling in this form IMO!

pup11

International Coach
Yeah i agree Franklin should have been in the side, but his bowling would have been murdered in this format.
Btw, aren't there any better bowlers than Martin in New Zealand domestic cricket.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I don't see the logic of the selection of Martin. How is Franklin an ODI cricketer but not a Twenty20 cricketer, with Martin the reverse? Franklin's batting as a batsman alone would probably add more to the team than Martin's bowling in this form IMO!
agree with you 100%

Franklin is a big hitter lower down the order, much better than Vettori IMO, and his bowling would be no more cannon-fodder than Martin or Gillespie.

pup11

International Coach
There was some talk before the tournament that Oram would bat at #3 in this format, but it hasn't happened yet personally i think it would have been a great idea to send him at #3 especially because New Zealand don't have a left-handed batsman in their top order.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Sri Lanka has the best T20 team in the world IMO.

Still, it doesn't matter because they will choke if they meet Australia in the final...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Given how good Vettori looked I think he might have helped;)
When will we learn, we can't play like other teams and win. :laugh: We have to do things differently.

Like chase no matter what the pitch is like, select James Franklin no matter how badly he bowled in the previous game.

The KIWI way.

The_Bunny

State Regular
When will we learn, we can't play like other teams and win. :laugh: We have to do things differently.

Like chase no matter what the pitch is like, select James Franklin no matter how badly he bowled in the previous game.

The KIWI way.
Kiwi's are good at chasing, lots of practice v sheep :p
But seriously, good win SRL Australias Biggest threat for the title imo.
As for NZ they as usual are great one day and totally off the pace the next...
So on to the next round :)

Edit: actually one more match

Days of Grace

International Captain
I can see them winning it too, but, like all the other teams, if they meet Australia in the final, they will no doubt choke. How many times have we seen it down the years?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I can see them winning it too, but, like all the other teams, if they meet Australia in the final, they will no doubt choke. How many times have we seen it down the years?
NZ to beat Aus in the final. NZ to gloat about it forever. You heard it here first.