• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20IBS Thread

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It'd probably take away from the direness of the games to be able to annoy people by complaining in the official threads, but this is probably a better idea...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Only way I'll get away from the direness of the games is to not watch 'em, TBH. Can honestly say I couldn't care less that the tournament's going on.

And that's probably even more radical than most of our members. I'd imagine some people will at least tune in, and enjoy it if their team does well. I don't think I'd be remotely pleased if England won the thing - at least, no more than I am, for instance, when a British athlete wins a medal at the Olympics.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You sad/funny (depending on your view point) is the fact that this thread will probably have more posts in it then the other non official threads.

cover drive man

International Captain
Twenty/twenty is the best thing ever to happen to cricket.

(YES THIS POST WAS IN JEST!!!) But seriously twenty/twenty isn't that bad.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, bad idea for mine. Hated it when it was happening during the footy World Cup, and don't see any good coming out of it here.

No problem with people compaining about twenty20, but I don't think it should be happening on a forum for the T20 WC. Would be best served simply continuing with the CC thread for mine.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Isn't this whole thread just flame-baiting?
Indeed, us who prefer twenty/20 to ODIs, could of started a "The World Cup is Boring", thread.

We resisted, even though we would of been irrefutably in the right.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You'd just have been ignored, TBH. There's far more favour for ODIs than Twenty20 on CW.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed. That's why muder is illegal - because according to the masses, it's wrong.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Indeed, us who prefer twenty/20 to ODIs, could of started a "The World Cup is Boring", thread.

We resisted, even though we would of been irrefutably in the right.
There were quite a few threads about how boring the World Cup was, and it also spewed over into all the other threads in that section, actually.

This thread isn't too encourage Twenty20 bashing as much as it to keep the inevitable Twenty20 bashing out of the other threads in this section.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wrong name on the first quote. :p

I wasn't 100% serious, but there are clearly times when what Jamee said is true - such as the example I gave.