• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yuvraj should play in tests

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Unlikely to happen for a reason - the only way Yuvraj makes a team when the middle order 4 are fit is by opening.
So we're all agreed, then. Yuvraj to open.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Do you guys think he can handle the new ball, swinging left and right...he didnt look comfortable when Gul was bowling [thought it was probably 2 overs, give or take]

It could be very very dangerous for India. with both Yuvraj and Sehwag opening....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It looks like Chopra will get the boot. India struggled to find one regular opener in the 90s, forget about finding two. We had the glorious honour of giving test caps to the likes of Vikram Rathour and Devang Gandhi. It was an achievment to reach a partnership of 10 runs abroad.

We tried Laxman as an opener and almost ruined his career.

I was very much afraid that Yuvraj would be asked to open after Ganguly had remarked that was the only realistic chance for him to play in the test team before Ganguly was injured.

Its a very stupid thing to drop Chopra and play Yuvraj as an opener. Even the likes of Dravid have refused opening as 'its a different ball game'.

Either drop Yuvraj or dont play Ganguly.. I am more in favour of playing Yuvraj but that is unlikely to happen.

Chopra is vital for the team as a genuine opener..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yuvraj4Tests said:
He is just a very very talented player and Indians best bet against pace bowling and when the ball is moving and doing a bit....I amhappy for him.
Did you miss his performance (and I use the world in its loosest sense) for Yorkshire last summer?

In case you did (as it was quite easy to, to be fair) - here's a brief (and it is exactly that) rundown:

First Class: 7 games - 145 runs @ 14.50 - HS 56 - 1x50
List A: 9 games - 196 runs @ 21.77 - HS 50 - 1x50

Swervy

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Did you miss his performance (and I use the world in its loosest sense) for Yorkshire last summer?

In case you did (as it was quite easy to, to be fair) - here's a brief (and it is exactly that) rundown:

First Class: 7 games - 145 runs @ 14.50 - HS 56 - 1x50
List A: 9 games - 196 runs @ 21.77 - HS 50 - 1x50
yeah...that was dead funny..hehehehe (being a Lancashire supporter and all that:D )

Yuvraj4Tests

Cricket Spectator
County cricket doesnt count for shyt. There is no passion or pride involved. I think he was just there to hit on some english girls(just kiddin)...He ripped apart the english and lankans in natwest series....He played superb on a bounCy wicket in Aus..Came up with a 50 odd when everybody else struggled on a fasT pitch and also hit a brilliant hundred in AUS.

Then he was superb in SA worldcup in whatever oppurtunites he got.

And now getting back to the point,I dont think you saw the Ind-Nz series when Ind toured Nz. Sehwag did score two tons there in odis but the only batsman toplay the moving ball comfortably was Yuvraj and it seemed as if he was a local kiwi batsman out there.

And now he coems up with a 50 and then 100 in his second and third test(which is suppose to be a green top).

AMAZING LAD...THIS YUVRAJ IS

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yuvraj4Tests said:
County cricket doesnt count for shyt. There is no passion or pride involved. I think he was just there to hit on some english girls(just kiddin)...

1. That will go down well in the shires wont it.....

2. I tell you what, if he wanted to hit on some girls, he went to the perfect county... Kudos to him lol :lol:

3. Interesting name... weve got a sehwag309 and now a yuvraj4tests...

What next?

TrescothickFortysomething
Harmo_7-12
RobbiePeterson4EPGirlsunderFives

Last edited:

Sehwag309

Banned
Langeveldt said:
1. That will go down well in the shires wont it.....

2. I tell you what, if he wanted to hit on some girls, he went to the perfect county... Kudos to him lol :lol:

3. Interesting name... weve got a sehwag309 and now a yuvraj4tests...

What next?

TrescothickFortysomething
Harmo_7-12
RobbiePeterson4EPGirlsunderFives
The_Declaration_Of_Dravid

Hoggatrick

GUL-ly

Sachi-n.out

Linda

International Vice-Captain
One things for sure, if you had Yuvraj and Sehwag opening together, you'd be on the edge of your seat from the first ball.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Nonsense. Don't believe a word of it. Those newspapers will do anything to get some readership.