• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your expectations for Season 4!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mashonaland

4D: 1st

OD: Better than last year (last)

4D Player to watch: H Bradley

OD Player to watch: S Mushtaq

Oh and a win in the 4D Slogan Cup against Guyana :D

Ryan_t2002

School Boy/Girl Captain
Western Australia

W.A have made some big changes to their squad after last seasons disappointing season. Compared to other Australian sides in the wcc..WA havent lived up to the expectations of the other australian managers of supreme australia dominancy..who have been throroughly dominating in one part or the other of wcc.

This season W.A looks to dismiss it critics who have labelled the team "as the next N.D". We certainly look a powerful squad for this season and looking at our teams overall depth especially in the 4day we would be a force to be reckoned with in Division 3.
Our team this season has a mix of superb international players with a lot of experience and class and excellent rookies who W.A look to improve in being the future for W.A. Plus this year we have something that we totally lacked last season. Quality bowlers.. We have a lineup of class bowlers for the 4day side.

Overall W.A's main goal is to do well this season and continue to improve and hopefully get the 4day title for div 3 and earn promotion again. But for sure the seasons coming will only see W.A get better as the management has gotten together and assessed the situation fully.

4D
Star player: Zack Keegan
Players to watch: Damien Martyn and Chris Donald
Position: Promotion

1D
Star player: Murray Goodwin
Players to watch: Zack Keegan and Chris Donald
Position: 2nd or 3rd

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: Re: Glamorgan preview

nibblet said:
haha,

Lets just call it a war of words.

I've branded teams overrated.
e.g. (the following is an example, and has nothing do to with my thoughts on teams or managers...no really, I'm surious) I mean there seems to be beliefs out there out that because a team is called NSW, its meant to be automatically good. People tend to IMO, develop **** dreams over these team idolising them, not realising their not that good. If you get my drift, SA and Karnataka are top sides in their own right, but some teams just more praise than worthy of eg...
what is it with nsw, why is my side so farking ****. im so over defending my side to these so called other teams, at the end of the day this is all just a bit of fun, but i dont think any team deserves the **** that they put up with , especially from lower division sides,

IM SO FARKING OVER IT

who wants nsw!!!!!!

:!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!(

nibbs

International Captain
Re: Re: Re: Re: Glamorgan preview

Bugs. I hope your joking, because all I'm doing is being smart arse, and joking too...

Eclipse

International Debutant
Jamaica 4D:

Jamaica will be expecting HIGH Scores!!

I dont have many really good bowlers and I will need R Pawar and H Singh to get through alot off overs on what will be spinning wickets.

Batting will be my strength though with 5 players avrageing over 40 in 4D and one at 39 and two at 38. (not all will get a game) I also have a very deep batting line up as well as a strong top order.

I am half way there in regard's to having a good 4D team once I pick up some good bowlers I will start winning plenty of games.

Jamaica OD:

Much the same story as in the 4d games I will need to bat first and hope my batsman can pile on the runs because I dont have any really good bowlers H Singh is decent and J Troughton supprisingly looks my best OD bowler with a s/r -28 and econ 3.9 as well as avraging 7 overs a match.

Players to Watch

K Pieterson

He was my star selection in the draft and is very good in both form of the game. Also a handy bowler.

Z Ardley

Allrounder that graduated form the accadamy last year allready has 35 odd matches under his belt in both forms and avrages 46 in OD and 39 in 4D as well as being a goodish bowler in 4d games.

L Ronchi

Had a good season last year and managed to up his 4d avrage up to 46 very good for a keeper. still young and need's experiance though.

Overall I will be looking to be compeditive in the OD games hopfully top 3 and in the 4d games I will be hoping to not lose many games even if I dont have the bowlers to win to many.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
ND's Season Preview

After a dismal season in both forms of the game last season, the Management and Board of the Northern Districts Cricket Club are looking for big things from their new-look team this season.

After some good gains in the draft, Team manager Eyes_Only will be looking to strengthen the squad in both forms of the game. In the bowling department, picking up the experinced Chris Cairns should provide an awesome attack along with Grahame Aldridge and Andy Blignaut with Nathan Hauritz and Shaid Afridi providing the spin.

In the batting department, Douglas Chougdale (Who averages over 50 in the four day game) will provide a soild foundation along with the experince of the team's new captain Stephen Fleming, Shaid Afridi and Scott Styris.

Our two rookies, Cardew and Weekes will be looking to impress in the opening rounds of the competition. Cardew has impressed greatly and will be looking for a huge showing to cement his place in the team.

WHO WILL STAR:BATTING: Keep an eye out for Oscar Cardew and Douglas Chougdale to really impress. Expect some big scores from Cardew in the one day game and Chougdale in the four day game.

BOWLING: Expect wickets to tumble when "The Big Three"- Cairns, Aldridge and Blignaut- are on the attack. Also expect the wickets to tumble when the spin of Afridi and Hauritz is on. Also watch for Nitini and Styris as well.

WHERE WILL YOU FINISH In both forms of the game, Northern Districts will be aiming for promotion instead of relegation this season.

As this is a new-look team, Eyes_Only is unsure of where the team will finish on the table, but is looking for a vast improvement on last season's showing.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

• One Day: Oscar Cardew
  • Four Day: Douglas Chougdale
  • VB Cup: Chris Cairns

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Are Province Finally the Real Deal?

After seasons of having one of the strongest sides on paper but not performing, the question on all South African tounges and most teams in division 4s' tongues is, are Province finally going to awake from their slumber?

4 day wise the side is looking at its' strongest! The side is full of batting talent with names like Shewag, Llewellyn and Funston all averaging 50+ and last seasons star Rickman making the order a daunting challenge for other teams.

The bowling department is where the side has really come along. Bishop Matthie looks likely to provide the perfect partner for Nelson with both players with averages under 20, and with support coming from McGrath, Quinn and Telemachus other sides have reason to be concerned.

The flexibility of the clubs all rounders Schofield and Samaraweera is what sets Province apart from other teams. Samaraweera is a proven international and if his trial form is anything to go by he could be dangerous and Schofield joining the side adds another dimension with his handy batting and seaming bowling.

The division 4 title once again looks a 3 horse race with ACT, Colts and Province all a realistic chance of winning. All 3 sides have stars who can turn games quickly and it will be very interesting to see the outcome, with the final 4 day round being Province versus ACT which could well decide to competition.
Expected Finish 1st
Player to Watch Bishop Matthie. Can he add the new dimension required to the bowling line up.

OD also looks very interesting. The clubs last 2 draft picks were intended to strengthen the batting side of things and the friendly form shows that we are a chance with Llewellyn and Rickman being the main men but there is now a lot of support.

The sides bowling looks tight with the old head of Glenn McGrath and the misely bowling of Quinn and Nelson other sides will have to work hard to get scores to challenge Western Province.

ACT and Tasmania will be the teams to push Western Province with ACT being rightly given their favourite tags. Province are also looking forward to the challenge of the local derby versus the new South African side Free State... Expect Fireworks.
Expected Finish 3rd
Player to Watch R Llewellyn. Will his batting be enough to hold the ship afloat against the tougher teams.

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Yorkshire Phoenix - The time is coming

Yorkshire Phoenix and the manager of the phoenix, Jason Pike, are being realistic about this season.
The draft was at possibly the worst time of the year and therefore many distractions... this will no doubt be a factor in this season because no strong wicketkeeper in the team.

The dropping of G Jones from the team will possibly be the worst move for the Phoenix and a wasted 1st round draft pick, these combined will put Yorkshire in the battle for the relegation in both One day and four day competition.

One Day
======
5th position will be possible with the first game of the season probably the most important.

Four Day
======
4th position will be good as four dayers have always been our strength.

Tendulkar - new captain - is always a threat
West - one dayers is massive

The players will all be on the brink this season. With no trading done this season Jason Pike wanted to get good in the draft but this all went wrong now we must go back to square 1.

We are looking to be a strength in a season or two

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Tasmania on the charge...

After a huge collapse in the end of last season, this year could be the one.

Already written off in the 2nd Division and not likely to get a good run in the 4th Div this is the dark horse of both groups.

The cup looks good also.

ALL players should get a run this year as all bar one player, is in the two starting 11's.

THIS SEASON GOALS:
OD - 1st
FD - 1st - 2nd
Cup - Second round.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Karnataka

4d
After winning the 4d cup for the last 2 seasons in div 3 and div 2 now its time to win it for the third time and become the 4d champions of WCC.The biggest threat is the South Australian side which is the best team in WCC as many say.It will be interesting matchup between Karnataka and SA which will be among the biggest matches in WCC.The div 1 is very competitive with the likes of Mumbai,NSW,Lanc,York.All the teams are quite good.

Star Player: A Kale
Player to watch: V Wadekar
Position: 1st

OD
Batting in od has been always the weak point of this side.But with the inclusion od S Maxwell and E Howarth the od batting looks quite strong.We have got a very good batsman is rookie S Borde who will also dawn the gloves in the od line up of Karnataka.The od bowling of Karnataka is the best and due to the bowlers bowling their hearts out last season we got promoted.Nothing less than the div 2 od title will satisfy the manager.

Star Player: A Jones
Player to watch: S Borde

VB Cup
As per the punters we have been labelled the favorites to win the VB Cup.I am also confident that the team will prove the bookies right and we will take the VB Cup once again.We are placed in a difficult group but to win in tough situations is the mark of a great team.

Star Player: S Maxwell
Player to watch: K Ali

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Colts Season Preview

The Time has come for Colts players to stant up and be counted, we had a poor season last year, particularly in the shorter Versions of the game.

4 dayers
I Have to agree with Ian that this looks alot like a 3 horse race between WP, ACT and ourselves. the ACT coach seems to Favor Colts with WP 2nd and ACT 3rd - judging by Title odds. WP will be the toughest side to beat and the Colts v WP Matches should really provide some fireworks.

Sharath will be looked to for leadership with the bat an Lee to lead the way with plenty of wickets. Beasley will be expected to perform well again with plenty of Runs and wickets.

Position: Any Promotion

OD games
OD div 2 is one of the toughest divisions in WCC history, with Colts, Karna, Mumbai and QLD all an excellent chance to win. Clts have been named 2nd favourites to take out the title behind Karna. no doubt this will also be a close division.

We re looking forward to the performances of our rookies in particular. S Liyanage and I Guneratne with the bat and K Daly with the Ball. these players performancs will be key to our sucess.

Position: Top 3

VB Cup\
Interestingly from the point of view that the colts have never won a VB cup match before we are 2nd favourites, once again behind Karna. realisticly i have no hopes for this tornaament apart from to win a few games, the new format should help up in this. we will look to dominate with the bat wth Sharath and Anderson. and |Daly and Lee will be key with the ball.

Position: Quarter Finals

nibbs

International Captain
nibblet said:
As for one day, its anyones guess as to who will win. IMO there are five sides who can win promotion into division two. Warwickshire will be hoping to avoid relegation in this scrap, though but if things go our way, we might just win....

yep...
interesting...

Graham

3rd Umpire
Preseason comments:

Lancashire will be looking to avoid relegation in both Division 1 competitions.
I think we'll avoid outright relegation, but could face the playoffs in either or both competitions come season end.

Now:

I've avoided relegation in the OD competition, actually finishing 3rd.
Now for the final round of the FC competition!