• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Country's XI who died during your lifetime

steve132

U19 Debutant
Conrad Hunte
Roy Fredericks
George Headley
Frank Worrell*
Clyde Walcott
Collie Smith
Learie Constantine
Gerry Alexander
Malcolm Marshall
Manny Martindale
Alf Valentine

No great West Indian cricketer died BEFORE I was born. They are all still alive or in this team.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don’t get what your point is. There’s no prize for the best XI. As with the “year you were born” thread it’s dependent on the accident of birth. In that thread if you were born in 2002 you’re probably picking your own college XI. There’s nothing to “get”, just an exercise to join in with or not as you feel fit.
Fair enough, just a bit of fun.

I guess I'm just salty because healthcare has improved and cricketers aren't dying fast enough since I was born.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Conrad Hunte
Roy Fredericks
George Headley
Frank Worrell*
Clyde Walcott
Collie Smith
Learie Constantine
Gerry Alexander
Malcolm Marshall
Manny Martindale
Alf Valentine

No great West Indian cricketer died BEFORE I was born. They are all still alive or in this team.
Collie Smith? Damn

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
It's not that easy to define: there are obvious cases like Smith, Ben Hollioake, Phil Hughes; but would you include Ken Farnes (died aged 30 during the war, having not played FC cricket for 2 years) or Archie Jackson (died aged 23 having been too ill to play for a couple of years)?