• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your All-time Premier League XI

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It went back to the 70’s. Manchester United fans in 1977 caused damage and destruction in St Etienne to the point where they were thrown out of the competition. They were reinstated on appeal but had to play the home match 200 miles away. Good for me because they played the home leg in Plymouth. There was no controversy when the ban came. Some ministers wanted the government to stop English fans going abroad.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Before I was born to be fair, I used to have a post-war football annual that had a big double paged newspaper style spread for each season's events (may have been published by The Times now that I think about it) and I swear about half of the 1980s seasons were just dedicated to hooliganism.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Rangers were the original British hooligans in Europe in 1972. They rioted throughout the Final that they won 3-2 and were banned for a couple of years.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It went back to the 70’s. Manchester United fans in 1977 caused damage and destruction in St Etienne to the point where they were thrown out of the competition. They were reinstated on appeal but had to play the home match 200 miles away. Good for me because they played the home leg in Plymouth. There was no controversy when the ban came. Some ministers wanted the government to stop English fans going abroad.
And before that, Tottenham supporters did the same in Feyenord maybe in 1974. Actually I was in favour of talking passports from people convicted of this sort of thing overseas.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't qualify in 84, tbf.

Yer Danes beat us 1-0 at Wembley thanks to an Allan Simonsen penalty.
Courtesy of Neal's clumsy attempt at a basketball dribble in our penalty box. I was at the match actually, and we were dire.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Going by Premier League appearances only

Schmeichel

Neville Ferdinand Vidic Cole

Keane (C) Vieira
De Bruyne

Ronaldo Aguero Henry

Gerrard and Lampard would be up for consideration if we took overall/European performances into account too, and it's also why Shearer doesn't make it
Suarez another one that narrowly misses out, only because of longevity
Neville should be replaced by Trent Alexander-Arnold in the near future