• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Young Sri Lankan in trouble

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
what is wrong with cricket at the moment? i mean, c'mon this isn't exactly great for the games image. some of the players need disipline.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr. Ponting said:
what is wrong with cricket at the moment? i mean, c'mon this isn't exactly great for the games image. some of the players need disipline.
Nothing that couldn't be said about any other career or profession - apart from the fact that the people concerned are famous, the media people feel that you (the general public) need to know and of course you (the general public) lap it up.

It's nothing new (I remember the football 'match fixing' scandal - the REAL one in the 1960's when players got jailed, not the Fashanu/Grobellaar rubbish) - happens all the time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. Ponting said:
How does involuntary manslaughter show indiscipline? I doubt that he intend to get in the accident as some sort of wicked rebellion. :rolleyes:

Craig

World Traveller
If he werent drinking, well I dont know what there is to do in Colombo. Unless he is like Sachin Tendulkar who likes to drive his cars at 3, 4, 5 in the morning for some peace.

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Mr. Ponting said:
I wouldn't imagine that falling asleep at the wheel would have been deliberate.

Mr. P

I know it is wasn't delibrate, but it should have been controlled. He should know better then to drive when tired. remember, a 15 minute powernap could save lives.:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr. Ponting said:
I know it is wasn't delibrate, but it should have been controlled. He should know better then to drive when tired. remember, a 15 minute powernap could save lives.:)
Could be said of the thousands of accidents which occur for this reason on a yearly basis. It's a shame that the media has singled out this young man just because he's played international sport. It's not like he's Shane Warne or anything...

Mr. P

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Could be said of the thousands of accidents which occur for this reason on a yearly basis. It's a shame that the media has singled out this young man just because he's played international sport. It's not like he's Shane Warne or anything...
yes, but those thousands of people are still stupid. It was an idiotic mistake to make.

also, he is shane warne. how do you know he isn't?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr. Ponting said:
yes, but those thousands of people are still stupid. It was an idiotic mistake to make.
That's an unfair assumption. There are several circumstances which can affect/come into play in a situation such as this.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea i feel sorry for that dude and the dude that died..

But yea this isint good for the cricket image either.. and i cant see much being done.. except he should pay the price for the loss of anothers life