• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WTC and bilateral series

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would be surprised if Kohli was asked about that particular comment from Paine and responded to it. He was probably asked some other question about the WTC. Their match ended barely an hour or two before India's, right?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. think it was pointed out as the headline and the interview of Paine was already out as the test was drawing to a close. I would expect journos not to pass up on the opportunity to ask such questions.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Paine said something along the lines of "we'd like to play India next year at the Gabba, but we'd have to run it by Virat" in response to a question about their record in Brisbane. No idea about Rabada.

All a storm in a teacup. Lame.
Can't blame Paine here. He would have been insecure about Pant spending time with "his" family during the evenings. Pink ball evenings take that risk away.

Daemon

What is it with Indian fans and the slightest criticism of their players?

Raam car, gentlemen.
Welcome. The Indians here are actually the most objective cricket fans you'll find anywhere on the internet, with a couple of exceptions. The sensitive Australians are the ones you've got to watch out for.

OverratedSanity

Paine said something along the lines of "we'd like to play India next year at the Gabba, but we'd have to run it by Virat" in response to a question about their record in Brisbane. No idea about Rabada.

All a storm in a teacup. Lame.
Is that all? storm in a teacup is an exaggeration.

vcs

The great Gavaskar-Kohli spat being discussed in the other thread was even lamer.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
That series would be mouthwatering stuff. I hope everyone stay fit, healthy and away from sandpapers and cough syrups. Can't wait enough to watch the likes of Bumrah, Smith, Kohli, Pujara, Cummins, Shaw, Warner have a go at each other. Should be the highlight of WTC.

srbhkshk

International Captain
It only two tests but India - NZ should be just as good of a contest, fully expect each sides bowlers to rip through the opposition at least once - let's see if it's in the same game or not.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I wish they can make the WTC to be 3 test series all the time. Like if England and Aus or Ind and Eng wanna play more tests in their series, they can, but only the first 3 should count to the WTC. This will at least ensure every team plays the same number of games. Hope they do that for the next cycle.

ataraxia

International Coach
Test cricket needs a bit of a shot in the arm right now. SA's decline is really worrying, Pakistan are stagnating, England are ridiculously up and down (more down these days).

India are outstanding, NZ are very good, and I feel like Australia should be a clear No. 3, but weirdly they're still behind England and SA.
Effectively everyone below England are minnows or proxy-minnows. Sad times.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Test cricket needs a bit of a shot in the arm right now. SA's decline is really worrying, Pakistan are stagnating, England are ridiculously up and down (more down these days).

India are outstanding, NZ are very good, and I feel like Australia should be a clear No. 3, but weirdly they're still behind England and SA.
When was it different? Has there really been any time when everyone was good? For the most part of the past 40 years, there has been one dominant side with most other sides being various shades of bad comparatively.

Athlai

Not Terrible
That is absolutely idiotic. The way to fix Test cricket is to make some series not count at ALL? What the ****

ataraxia

International Coach
That is absolutely idiotic. The way to fix Test cricket is to make some series not count at ALL? What the ****
BuT iT mEaNs We PlAy MoRe TeSt CrIcKeT

Yeah wish it was distributed around to make a 3/4 test series. Sigh.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah, I think this is a one off thing (hopefully). From now on, when they schedule series, hopefully it'll mean longer Test series for those countries that traditionally play more Test cricket.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish they can make the WTC to be 3 test series all the time. Like if England and Aus or Ind and Eng wanna play more tests in their series, they can, but only the first 3 should count to the WTC. This will at least ensure every team plays the same number of games. Hope they do that for the next cycle.
This is a nice idea.