• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WPL Auction Feb 13 2023

cnerd123

likes this
Gayakwad to UPW! I love this team even more. One of my favourite spinners to watch and she'll be bowling alongside Ecclestone and Ismail. Fantastic.

Socerer 01

International Captain
They’re one of the richest couples in world sports

Money is the least of their issues
at worst she’d be earning more than her Hundred contract playing a similar amount of matches

i assume she would want the new challenge too and make herself a bigger name with a new crowd but can’t blame her if she does drop out

cnerd123

likes this
at worst she’d be earning more than her Hundred contract playing a similar amount of matches
Of course everyone signed here will play. It's incredible money for 3-4 weeks of work and, let's not forget, they're cricketers because they love to play. Plus doing it in a historic tournament like this, in front of Indian fans, and establishing a reputation that could lead to more lucrative contracts and sponsorships in the future, let's not kid ourselves

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

i assume she would want the new challenge too and make herself a bigger name with a new crowd but can’t blame her if she does drop out
She will probably earn much more following her husband around the Ashes as part of the Foxtel commentary team while setting herself up for a career beyond retirement

Shri

Mr. Glass
She will probably earn much more following her husband around the Ashes as part of the Foxtel commentary team while setting herself up for a career beyond retirement
as if she wouldn't want to be independent and make it on her own on merit

cnerd123

likes this
Anyways back to reality and Delhi have finally woken up and joined the bidding. They seem to be building a nice little pace battery with Pandey, Kapp and Sadhu

UPW with another smart signing in the U19 WC leading runscorer Shweta Sehrawat

cnerd123

likes this
Mahika Gaur got a bid, but GG had too many overseas players hahahaha

Laura Norris got signed, first associate player picked up. Understandably so. Order a bit random now, rapid fire stuff. Waiting for Kary Chan to pop up.

I wonder who decided that the WPL teams should have one associate. It's an unusually progressive move.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
UP Warriorz the first to finish their squad! 15 players with just 10lakh left, they'll need to pick up an associate at base price and it won't be Kary or Chantham

cnerd123

likes this
Are players from Associate nations likely to find buyers?
It is not mandatory for teams to pick an Associate player but there's an incentive for picking one. Teams can field four overseas players in their XIs, as is the case in the IPL, but they have the option of including a fifth overseas player provided she is from an Associate nation.

Diu. Don't know where I heard that Associates were guaranteed a spot in a team. Fake news.