• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would Stuart Broad make India's strongest test XI?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India's ATG XI -

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman (Kohli / Hazare ?)
Dhoni (Engineer ?)
Kapil
Ashwin
Kumble
Zaheer
Srinath (Amar / Nisaar / Bedi / Gupte ?)

Broad does not make it, but he can replace the 5th bowler and it would make barely any difference to the team.
Srinath and Zaheer ahead of Broad?

dunno about that

edit: I see this has already been discussed, just ignore me

Burgey

Eh, that's because they are far more used to playing at home. Doesn't mean that it's equally hard to prize away wickets for pacers in SC and England.

Anyway it does look like the majority (everyone except me :ph34r: ) thinks that Broad > Zaheer or Srinath, so whatever.
It's because indian fast bowlers are vegetarians. Everyone knows that.

And what Howe says is right. Zaheer is a slower, fatter, left handed Brett Lee. He had 2-3 good years amongst a decade plus of injury prone mediocrity. The fact he's in the discussion for any nation's ATG side which isn't Bangladesh or Zimbabwe is an indictment.

TheJediBrah

It's because indian fast bowlers are vegetarians. Everyone knows that.

And what Howe says is right. Zaheer is a slower, fatter, left handed Brett Lee. He had 2-3 good years amongst a decade plus of injury prone mediocrity. The fact he's in the discussion for any nation's ATG side which isn't Bangladesh or Zimbabwe is an indictment.
You could say the same about Shane Bond but he's easily in the NZ ATG side

TheJediBrah

That's the thing there's probably nearly a dozen spinners that deserve to be in an Indian ATG side ahead of even the best fast bowler

morgieb

Actually worth discussing now. Probably still yes but he's definitely declined and India's pace bowling is much better than what it was 5 years ago.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Heh.

Though was talking about their current attack.
Haha so was I. I was making fun at my own expense, pretending to still think Sreesanth would keep him out of the side.

Thank you for making me explain my C- joke and making it even worse than it already was.

vcs

haha wtf it appears getting banned has done wonders for Sreesanth's rig

That other bloke's T-shirt is creaking under the strain of his biceps. I wonder whether these gym nuts have to get their clothes custom made.