• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's Best All-Rounder ~ Final Poll ~ Best of the Best

Who is the World's Best All Rounder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bagapath

International Captain
voted for flintoff. kallis is a batter who bowls - less than 2 wickets per test. pollock is a bowler who bats - only 2 centuries in 100 + tests. flintoff is more balanced as an all-rounder. though kallis and pollock are probably superior cricketers in terms of specializing in their stronger crafts.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
voted for flintoff. kallis is a batter who bowls - less than 2 wickets per test. pollock is a bowler who bats - only 2 centuries in 100 + tests. flintoff is more balanced as an all-rounder. though kallis and pollock are probably superior cricketers in terms of specializing in their stronger crafts.
You voted for Flintoff even though he is almost a liability within his own side?

bond21

Banned
why the hell is watson on the list instead of symonds?

symonds has saved australia's asses so many times, watson is an injury prone little whinger.

Hes a queenslander too, i still think hes a moron.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
why the hell is watson on the list instead of symonds?

symonds has saved australia's asses so many times, watson is an injury prone little whinger.

Hes a queenslander too, i still think hes a moron.
This is why.

Also, would you shut the **** up about Watson? It's clear you don't like him, we all get the picture, not that your opinion matters that much when you continue to criticise a player without providing any substantial reasons as to why you don't like him. Also, what the **** does Watson being a Queenslander have to do with anything? Or his intelligent levels?

GTFO and STFU.

bond21

Banned
let me summarise shane watson and roy.

lets be theoretical, on a scale of 1-100 i will rate their skills.

Say 100 is Ponting for batting and McGrath for bowling

Symonds

Batting - 85

Bowling - OS - 65

Bowling - Medium pace - 60

Fielding - 100

Watson

Batting - 70

Bowling - 75

Fielding - 80

WHICH ONE WOULD U RATHER?

These are rough stats but they give you a fair idea of their skills

Symonds is a far better batsman than Watson. He also has the option of bowling off spin or medium pace.

Watson is a bowling all rounder. His bowling is weak compared to better ones like Pollock and Flintoff, and his batting is sub par.

Anyone remember a notable innings for Australia he's played? no i cant.

What about Roy? oh yea that 155* odd he got in the finals of the 2003 world cup, basically won the game for australia....

bond21

Banned
hmmm should we listen to the australian who has watched watson play sheffield shield..or the kiwi....

gee...let me think about that for a sec.

bond21

Banned
michael clarke had like the best average in the history of test cricket wen he bowled in india, he got like 5-12 or something ridiculous like that

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
michael clarke had like the best average in the history of test cricket wen he bowled in india, he got like 5-12 or something ridiculous like that
Yes MClarke always makes my Alltime Test teams as the main spinning option ahead of Warne, Benaud, O'Reilly etc. :blink:

You do raise a decent point about Watson though. He does have a great average in First Class Cricket, but he hasn't had many decent innings while playing for Australia. I think Watson's best effort was a 70 odd against Kenya in a ODI - he did bat well in the World Cup but it was very un-Watson type innings which were perfect for the situation.

I can't wait to see Watson play a few Tests back to back.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NUFAN said:
You do raise a decent point about Watson though. He does have a great average in First Class Cricket, but he hasn't had many decent innings while playing for Australia. I think Watson's best effort was a 70 odd against Kenya in a ODI.
He's scored a few scores of 70-80 odd in ODIs opening the batting (which suits him much more) since then though.

That wasn't the point he was raising anyway. He didn't raise a good point at all. The fact that someone observes Watson bowling a lot but batting down the order doesn't make him a bowling allrounder; it's just the nature of ODIs that batsmen bowl a bit and often don't have very long to do much with their innings, especially if the batsmen before them are good.

bond21

Banned
it was my sarcastic humour old chum.

I would like to see Watson play at least one season of Pura Cup without injury before he gets selected again.

What happens if hes selected for a test match in India, he gets injured on the first day, then we have more than 4 days to play with 10 men with the sub fielder, down a bowler and down a batsman.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
OK mate. I dunno why we are talking about Watson, when all the talk should be about the guys leading the poll like Flintoff, Kallis, Pollock and Ten Doeschate!