• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World XI of the new millenium (so far)

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
yeah, i forgot him, sehwags test record is better than gayle and he doesn't fulfill the requirement.
so Sehwag in for Gayle.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
even though Freddie, Razzaq, Trescothick, Lee, Vettori to name a few made their international debuts prior to 2000 they are much a part of the next generation & should be selected in the lineups methinks.....

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
aussie said:
even though Freddie, Razzaq, Trescothick, Lee, Vettori to name a few made their international debuts prior to 2000 they are much a part of the next generation & should be selected in the lineups methinks.....
Banger debuted in 2000 IIRC.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
That side looks pretty good. Now if we were to match it up with stars who are still playing after having made their debuts in the 90s, that would be fun to watch.
Justin Langer
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Andrew Flintoff
Adam Gilchrist (k)
Shane Warne (c)
Shoaib Akhtar
Muttiah Muralitharan
Glenn McGrath

I think I'd back the oldies myself. Shane is captain just for the hell of it. :p

Interesting that most of the openers one could include ahead of Hayden in a world XI debuted after 2000 (Smith, Sehwag etc). Aside from that, it's the same as my normal world XI.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Shahid_afridi said:
sami has got to be in the side too!he is a really good bowler.i think he made his debut in 2000 right?
Yeah Sami is good but he has only looked good. His stats áre not good reading and on the whole he has not lived up to some high expectations. Good but not good enough

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nope, he definitely debuted in England, and they don't play home games on either boxing day or the lesser known moxing day

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Nope, he definitely debuted in England, and they don't play home games on either boxing day or the lesser known moxing day
well i mean boxing day & where did you get that he debuted againts England :mellow:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Justin Langer
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Rahul Dravid
Brian Lara
Andrew Flintoff
Adam Gilchrist (k)
Shane Warne (c)
Shoaib Akhtar
Muttiah Muralitharan
Glenn McGrath

I think I'd back the oldies myself. Shane is captain just for the hell of it. :p

Interesting that most of the openers one could include ahead of Hayden in a world XI debuted after 2000 (Smith, Sehwag etc). Aside from that, it's the same as my normal world XI.
well, personally, I would prefer to have Saeed Anwar ahead of Hayden, but again, I guess I am just not sure when he made his debut.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
well, personally, I would prefer to have Saeed Anwar ahead of Hayden, but again, I guess I am just not sure when he made his debut.
Anwar isn't playing any more though... isn't this a "90s players still playing XI" vs "new players XI" thing?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
honestbharani said:
We definately need more interesting beards in there.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
ODI debut England v Zimbabwe at The Oval - Jul 8, 2000
Test debut England v West Indies at Manchester - Aug 3-7, 2000

:p
talking about Lee mate :D