• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is it Norman Whiteside's record?

I can't think of anyone who would have broke it thus far mind you

I'm bamboozled:wacko:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Is it Norman Whiteside's record?

I can't think of anyone who would have broke it thus far mind you

I'm bamboozled:wacko:
No.

Clue?

The country who took this record have already been eliminated.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, Trinidad is the smallest nation to ever play at the World Cup, so if that's the answer then maybe they took it from Northern ireland.

This is just guesswork mind you!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Well, Trinidad is the smallest nation to ever play at the World Cup, so if that's the answer then maybe they took it from Northern ireland.

This is just guesswork mind you!
Spot on. Fair play, I thought that might've lasted longer than that. :)

Your turn.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
8-) cool

I played my club football in five countries including Italy and Spain and became arguably one of the most popular men in the world for a few days during the 1990s!! Who the **** am I?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Are you Jordan Letchkov?

I know I wept tears of joy when yer plucky Bulgars dumped Jerry out in 94! :p
Didn't play in Italy or Spain for that matter, Hristo Stoitchkov did however.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Though I doubt it his him, considering all the team/personal accolades he received throughout his playing career.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
TT Boy said:
Didn't play in Italy or Spain for that matter, Hristo Stoitchkov did however.
Stoichkov is the answer, I did write the most popular man in the world, then I remembered Stoichkov got the first, letchkov the winner :)

Hence Jensen was a good guess as it was for the same reason

Anyway, well done TT Boy even if you did doubt the correctness of your answer. Your turn.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I started seventeen games last season for my club, scoring sixteen goals yet I've only featured once so far in this World Cup, who am I?

Last edited: