• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India - 1950 is the correct answer. It's the only time they've come anywhere near to being in the World Cup too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cool. Ok, as a slight change of pace, here's a visual question.

Scanned from my dog-earred pack of "Bobby Charlton's World Cup Aces" top trumps, who do these stats belong to?

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sounds like Ferenc Puskas, then. Was a bit unsure because there were only 5 games in the 54 Cup (two group games in a group of four!), and three knock-outs.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
Sounds like Ferenc Puskas, then. Was a bit unsure because there were only 5 games in the 54 Cup (two group games in a group of four!), and three knock-outs.
Yep, that's the man. I think from memory he also played a game for Spain in the 1962 WC after the Hungarian revolution.

Here's the galloping Major in full glory. The pic must be from quite late in his career, because he's looking a tad portly even by his standards!

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
On 17 June 1982, a man broke a record previously held by Pelé, while playing together with the man who would four years later break the opposite record. Who are the two men, and what records am I thinking of?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
On 17 June 1982, a man broke a record previously held by Pelé, while playing together with the man who would four years later break the opposite record. Who are the two men, and what records am I thinking of?
I swear I haven't Googled this!

Norman Whiteside & Pat Jennings? Youngest & Eldest players @ a WC Finals tournament?