• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Squads

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't really understand why we've picked 7 bowlers and still no Haze. MMarsh should be in for one of them

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Is Hazlewood just being cottonwooled to make sure he is right for the Ashes, or was he genuinely dropped? If it's the latter that is just utterly moronic, underrated ODI bowler
I think having 3 bowlers under an injury cloud in the squad would be too many and Hazlewood seems to be least likely to be fit.

SillyCowCorner1

West Indies squad is being announced tomorrow. We have a brand new president, chairman of selectors and coach (Floyd Reifer), plus a selection policy of inclusiveness. So expect to see a few of the old guard back and Rakheem Cornwall.
I don't think they have announced a WC squad.

Two days ago, they announced the squad for the Ireland series.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Squad is reasonable, but doesn't really look like a overall contender. Knowing how Langer tends to think the sandgroper bias doesn't shock me at all. Only changes I would have is Haze for one of the WA quicks and maybe Wade for Carey.

morgieb

Is Hazlewood just being cottonwooled to make sure he is right for the Ashes, or was he genuinely dropped? If it's the latter that is just utterly moronic, underrated ODI bowler
Think he was pushed out of the side because of fitness concerns.

Don't hate the squad but it looks a bit uninspiring.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunately can no longer edit my first post:

Aus Squad: Aaron Finch (capt), David Warner, Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Jhye Richardson, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Jason Behrendorff, Adam Zampa, Nathan Lyon

Burgey

The Dorf! Here's to another opportunity to go at 8 rpo but be described as a potential match winner.

Shouldn't be there.

Spark

Global Moderator
NCN and Dorf in English high-scoring ODI conditions worries me, to put it mildly.

Marcus Stoinis should consider himself relatively fortunate.

Spark

Global Moderator
Apparently these are just preliminary and subject to change, in which case I seriously hope they consider Handscomb in for NCN/Dorf.

SeamUp

International Coach
Apparently these are just preliminary and subject to change, in which case I seriously hope they consider Handscomb in for NCN/Dorf.
That will be their squad unless something happens. Don't go with official announcements to go back on them for no good reason.

Think you have till 23rd to announce your squad.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, unsurprisingly Carey > Wade, Marsh > Handscomb (though now we have no backup keeper) and fit bowlers > Haze.

First choice XI from that squad:

Finch
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Maxwell
Stoinis
Carey
Starc
Cummins
Richardson
Zampa

trundler

Richardson isn't a very good death bowler I've noticed. That and a crap 5th bowler might hurt.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Was thinking the same thing about the 5th bowling option, Stoinis can't hold a candle to peak Faulkner with the ball. Honestly I don't think he is that much better than current Faulkner as a bowler, dodgy knee and all

trundler

Yeah, only Pakistan are capable of milking Finch for 40 runs off 10 overs. Richardson will leak runs at the death. Loses confidence easy doesn't he? Nothing medium pace and fingerspin are fodder in England too.